Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repossessed Cattle Auction(mod warning in op)

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Folks back on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

melissak wrote: »
    Never met them. I have a pathological hatred for provocateurs.

You don't like people who provoke others by making incendiary claims about their character?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I'm just stating the facts. You said that nobody would be impressed with me being in second year, I replied that I am impressed and then elaborated so as to justify the statement. That isn't lazy debating.

I said nobody but your mammy and yourself..

You don't like people who provoke others by making incendiary claims about their character?

I don'thave a problem with this per se. It is something I do myself sometimes. But I am a provocateur for amusement. I am not a professional embarking on a smear campaign on behalf of an agenda. Just trying to balance the debate a tad. If you can dish it out you have to be able to take it Lisa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I said nobody but your mammy and yourself..

I'm not so sure about that. I'll probably have quite a big graduation party with lots of delighted family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is it just me or is this thread a complete mess of personal abuse?

Anyway we should follow mod arvice

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about that. I'll probably have quite a big graduation party with lots of delighted family and friends.

I don't care. Back on topic. I have indulged your self importance long enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Melissak and xLisaBx, do not post in this thread again or you will be sanctioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Cant beat 2 women tearing the hair off each other literally online, temper! temper!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Cry me a river. Don't slander people on a public forum and then trot out sympathy fodder. That is lazy debating.

To be fair, it isn't just xLisaBx saying that the cattle were malnurished. The newspaper link that I posted earlier in this thread said the same thing. It named the person making the accusation and the name of the vet accompanying them. They were there, on the scene and have made the claim in public about the cattle being underfed.

I wasn't there, I don't know the situation apart from what I read but their claim is believable. They said that there was a lack of animal feed when they came to take over the farm. Seeing as the farmer was in financial difficulty, it is entirely plausable that the farmer mightn't have had the funds to buy sufficient animal feed. This is a possibility.

I think you are being a bit hard on xLisaBx. Her version of events is backed up by the newspaper article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Remember the time that Alan partridge said that the aerial shots from the tour de France looked like cattle on bikes.
    That was a more innocent time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is it hard to fail at being a farmer in Ireland?

I mean we have a lot of them and they don't usually seem to be the brightest crayons in the pack but they do okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

A lot of farmers would buy and sell you without you knowing it and the present day farmers are very business savvy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think farming in Ireland has to change though. It's hard nowadays for a small farmer to make a living. Big farms are where it is at, economies of scale and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I think farming in Ireland has to change though. It's hard nowadays for a small farmer to make a living. Big farms are where it is at, economies of scale and all that.

A thousand head of cattle aint small though

Maybe they were shkinny because they're Irelands fittest cattle

I'm not supposed to post here anymore bit I feel that I should apologise to Lisa as I got a bit carried away
    It is just that I am sympathetic to the farmer and think these things are bad enough without trial by media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I'm not supposed to post here anymore bit I feel that I should apologise to Lisa as I got a bit carried away
    It is just that I am sympathetic to the farmer and think these things are bad enough without trial by media

It's absolutely fine, no offence taken whatsoever.

Advertisement