Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summons no tax on parked car

• 13-04-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

so i have a summons for non payment of fine for no tax. live in dublin so need to park on free street as there is no parking in my apartment. nosey women called out guards(she did this twice for my girlfriend. first time guards did nothing as nothing wrong. second time parking fine for wheels on the curb even though its a free street!. any way the tax on my car was out less than a month and i got a fine to my house down the country which i didnt see until after deadline. the tax was paid in the in the mean time now have a summons. any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go to court, plead your case.
    Take the fine.

Edit, see this thread and pray you get this lucky :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056807670

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

ciarancrua wrote: »
    second time parking fine for wheels on the curb even though its a free street!

What has free parking got to do with you parking (illegally) on the footpath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

it's an offence not to display a disc, separate to having no tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciarancrua

also might be the case the car was actually taxed at the time. new disc says same month as date of fine so maybe but not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

it doesn't matter if it was taxed or not, the offense is not displaying the disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the last disc was expired less than a month and you have now paid up in full, you can expect to be dealt with leniently by the judge. In the case of summons for tax discs, the judges almost always ask the prosecuting Garda if arrears have been paid and if they have and you are there to plead guilty, they will let you off with a small fine or just dismiss the case altogether.

The fact that you didn't pay the fine because it was sent to your 'house down the country' won't cut any ice, the judge may interpret that as indicating that you're using a country address to reduce your insurance premium so I'd not mention that as an excuse for why you didn't pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

coylemj wrote: »
    If the last disc was expired less than a month and you have now paid up in full, you can expect to be dealt with leniently by the judge.

Or find the guard on the day and ask him to withdraw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciarancrua

PeteK* wrote: »
    Or find the guard on the day and ask him to withdraw it.

ya hoping for something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

second time parking fine for wheels on the curb even though its a free street!.

I have no idea what this means. Whats a free street and how does it allow you to park like this?
    any way the tax on my car was out less than a month and i got a fine to my house down the country which i didnt see until after deadline. the tax was paid in the in the mean time now have a summons. any advice

Didnt your parents tell you there was post? Secondly, take the reciept if you still have it and / or the tax disc with you and show them to the Garda.

Either the Garda will say fair enough and tell the judge or he isnt and you will probable just have to plead guity and explain, will probable but not guaranteed, be struck out either way. Alternative is a minor fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It's an offence to park on the footpath even partially, Not sure why you are giving out about been caught doing something that you are not allowed to do? As for non payment? your parents didn't tell you and you have the car registered to an old address? and your surprised something like this happened?

• Advertisement
Advertisement