Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Sandero Stepway 161

• 13-04-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

Just wondering has anybody got any opionions on this car as we are thinking of buying one? any current users of them care to offer us any advice?

They are great value for money for a brand new motor

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

Looks like we will have one in the yard over the weekend .

GF is getting one. going with the 0.9ltr Petrol .( one of only 3 on sale in Ireland and 6months wait for more they are pushing diesel but makes no sense for her Daily commute)
    I was there at the test driving , Drove both the Diesel and petrol versions. Diesel felt like a solid car . As much as I wanted to find fault So far I cannot. Diesel does fell more power full than the petrol but not by much and the slightly heavier engine helps a bit in the roll feeling , which isn't much by the way. ( one of only 3 petrols on sale in Ireland and 6months wait for more they are pushing diesel but makes no sense for her Daily commute)

We did Test drive other cars example been the Renault Clio , which on the out side looks really nice. I found the car to be pretty poor when driving. 1.2 petrol in the clio is awful it has been cut back in power or something it just had no nip to it. So the 1.5 Diesel is a must in that clio. I am 5-11 and not wide felt i was sitting on top of the passenger it was so narrow inside. and the Head clearance was not great. To me the Clio seats were just up from a deck chair . A real disappointment .
    Then got into the Stepway. It not only beats on price , space, leg room ,driving feel all seem better. Even the seats felt better , not much mid but enough that if was to be used on a long drive I would be fine with it

GF loved it . Substance over style really and value is there in the price.

I did want to hate it but there is feck all wrong with it so make what you can of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

my ma has one, she's quite happy with it so far (it's been a little more than a year now). She finds it perfect for what she does with it: runabout the shops and getting from A to B in town. Simple enough to drive and maintain, cheap to insure and to run.

I had a go or two in it and, in fairness, I find it awful, way too much wind and road noise, no power (literally), uncomfy seats, actually not that easy on petrol/diesel (that's probably because it has no power so one has a tendency to not be gentle ;) ), gear change is notchy...

So there you have it, two very different views of the exact same car ;)

I think it really depends what you're expecting from it. If you want a dirt cheap runabout with the peace of mind of a brand new thing, then it's perfect. If you like driving and will spend some time in it, I'd suggest you look at something else, like a used VW UP! or a skoda fabia, you'll probably find relatively 'young' ones within your budget.

Ha, always the way. Lot of my opinion was developed on what I had seen from the other cars.

Definitely not for every one. Oh yeah wind noise is a factor but found that only on the motorway. That's a rare trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 6nationschamps

i see, its my mother that is buying it and wont see to much time on motorways the odd long trip here and there is all the car would be doing, she has got a good deal on finance and i told her to go for it if she likes it.

we Live in the west of ireland so wont be seeing too much motorway.

it is the 1.5 diesel we are looking at, she thinks if she buys a used car up on 100k miles she is only buying another persons trouble.

really she is not wrong , Plenty of second hand cars work fine plenty have ugly problems rear their head for the new owners, you get 3 years warranty on parts and labour , I think 3 years paint and 6 years on corrosion ( that last one worried me just cause it was there)

If she is not happy in 3 years , change it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 6nationschamps

Yah thats exactly how i seen it aswell, the warranty is very good on them, i read somewhere about the corrosion alright that it can happen on them but obviously enough they have cover for that. The garage is only up the road from us, she will be happy out high off the ground as she has a bad back, she will be covered for the warranty, A To B is all she wants it for and the odd road trip here and there every 2nd or third weekend

she was looking on donedeal at some cars but there is no such thing as a warranty with them bucks that do be on that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

If she's anything like mine, she'll love it ;)

Advertisement