Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-day suncream that DOESN'T stain clothes

Options
  • 13-04-2016 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

...the P20 suncream is excellent in that it does protect from the sun...but it stains clothes really badly. Is there any other type of suncream that lasts 'all day' or longer than your bog standard suncream and that doesn't ruin clothes? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

This would be the holy grail if it exists.

I tend to just buy cheap clothes for holidays (especially white things) and usually need to bin them after a few wears. I've tried lots of different sun creams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I tend to just buy cheap clothes for holidays (especially white things) and usually need to bin them after a few wears. I've tried lots of different sun creams.

Yea me too. But am going on holidays soon and have some lovely clothes that I just don't want ruined! I've tried googling but to no avail...cannot find a suncream that lasts and doesn't stain. :(:(

Maybe just wear your nice things in the evening once you've showered the suncream off? Can't see any other way around it I'm afraid!

If you do find something, please pose back and let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I've used piz buin all day suncream and it was grand. Comes with the usual caveats that you've to reapply after water etc although it's long lasting. Doesn't stain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I think I have found the holy grail of suncreams!!!!! An all day suncream that doesn't stain clothes!!! :):):)

Last night, I spent about 2 hours googling and reading reviews and eventually bought two bottles of "Ultrasun spf 50+ extreme formula once per day" from Amazon. They seem to come in lots of different SPFs but the 50+ is ideal for me.

It apparently doesn't stain clothes and all the reviews on Amazon say how it's way better than SP20 in that it's non-staining and not smelly.

It wasn't cheap but at least I can now wear my normal summer clothes without getting them ruined...so that's a financial saving straight off.

• Advertisement

Great! Well I'm not going away myself for another 6 weeks so if you've time to post a proper review when you've used it that would be great!

I think they sell ultrasun in Dublin Airport during the summer season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Parasol is similar to P20 but it doesn't stain cloths and offers better UVA and B protection it's Also waterproof to

Advertisement