Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

WTF is this.....

• 13-04-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Heard something banging about in an old tank I have...assumed it to be the float arm on the gauge unit...inspected it today to find this in there...it's hard and brittle..it's to big to have been put in through the filler....I broke off a small piece for the pics...answers on a postcard please..:)......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Looks like 24k gold! I'd get that valued if I were you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭numbnutz

Have you seen Jurassic Park?...could be the start of fossil fuel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

numbnutz wrote: »
    Have you seen Jurassic Park?...could be the start of fossil fuel...

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Epoxy or polyester resin that someone tried to plug a leak with?
    Its come away from the tank now and is knocking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Epoxy or polyester resin that someone tried to plug a leak with?
    Its come away from the tank now and is knocking about.

But it's so big......the piece in the tank is about 100mmx80mm and 10-15mm thick...it kinda looks like a resin of some kind.....the tank is in good shape..i'vs tested it in areas with a magnet..no filler....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

But it's so big......the piece in the tank is about 100mmx80mm and 10-15mm thick...it kinda looks like a resin of some kind.....the tank is in good shape..i'vs tested it in areas with a magnet..no filler....
    Pinholes are very hard to spot, they can just be hidden by paint.
    No filler is good but doesn't mean no leak/s

Advertisement