Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog sitter in Kildare or surrounds

• 13-04-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

We have a beautiful five year old dog. We have always holidayed at home so she could be part of it. In a few weeks we are going to Spain for 10 days. She's ok in kennels but always a bit upset afterwards. She hasn't been in kennels for more than 3 years. The friend who was supposed to take her cant now due to illness. I've checked with family and friends and they don't want a 10 day commitment. So, before I book her into kennels, any recommendations for a pet sitter.
    Thanks, didn't mean for the long question (bit stressesd about it all).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Lots of people are now boarding dogs in their own homes - rather than a kennel. Where are you located? I can PM you two names for Co Kildare, but location may not suit. Its the PITS when you worry about your pet when you go on holidays. You could check your VET for a local person who might board in their homes - also sometimes vet clinic staff provide such a service. Worth asking around, do a bit of googling for your area etc - make sure you go and check out a place well before your holiday - you can arrange to leave your dog there for a few hours a couple of times before you go too, so you can see how he settles. I'll PM you those names now - let us know where you are located, and you will get more options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I have used a lady outside Clane on the Prosperous Road before, if that's any use to you? She does home boarding, so the dogs get to sleep inside and be 'free range' for the day. I was worried my dog would hate it but she had a ball. You'll need to have vacs up to date, and Kennel Cough vaccine, and she likes to take them for a trial night in advance to be sure they're going to be ok.

PM me if you want the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Thank you so much both. I'll PM both of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Sent you a pm there with a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Yes, thank you. I got that. Lots of reccies to chase up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement