Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set timer for downloads?

Options
  • 13-04-2016 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if you can set a timer on your xbox one to download between certain hours? I have a download limit and got a code to download FIFA 16 when I got my xbox a few months back.

I suppose another question would be, would it even be worth downloading a digital copy of a game if I need the internet every time I want to play it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just wondering if you can set a timer on your xbox one to download between certain hours? I have a download limit and got a code to download FIFA 16 when I got my xbox a few months back.

I suppose another question would be, would it even be worth downloading a digital copy of a game if I need the internet every time I want to play it?

No you can't set a timer to activate a Download. You can set your console to Rest mode which will allow your game to download in the background.

You only need internet to check you own the game licence. Very little bandwidth would be used for that.

Maybe you could borrow a disk from someone and install the game that way, then enter your code to activate your licence.

Bear in mind all new games tend to need day one patches to work and these can be quite large.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No you can't set a timer to activate a Download. You can set your console to Rest mode which will allow your game to download in the background.

You only need internet to check you own the game licence. Very little bandwidth would be used for that.

Maybe you could borrow a disk from someone and install the game that way, then enter your code to activate your licence.

Bear in mind all new games tend to need day one patches to work and these can be quite large.

I can manage the day one patches, its just the initial download of FIFA, I read it would be about 25gb and that is our limit for one month never mind one download. I only have until June to use the code, hence asking here.

I can manage the day one patches, its just the initial download of FIFA, I read it would be about 25gb and that is our limit for one month never mind one download. I only have until June to use the code, hence asking here.

That's small for a game now. Your best bet would be to bring the Xbox to a friend's or borrow a disk so.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's small for a game now. Your best bet would be to bring the Xbox to a friend's or borrow a disk so.

Damn, none of my friends have an Xbox one!

Damn, none of my friends have an Xbox one!

It'll be the console to someone else's house then I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You can download over a long period of time by watching the download. Say you get up one morning and start the download then after 2 hours go to download section and press menu button and pause download. You do not have to download the full game all at once and then when your new 25GB of data comes available download the rest or even do it over 3 months. Once you start the download you own the game you do not have to fully download it so you do not need to worry about having it fully installed before June.

Advertisement