Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowing a doctor in Ireland, Dublin

Options
  • 13-04-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Iam currently in 5th year and i have my heart set out on medicine for years now ever since i was little! I know i wont get the highest points so i want to maximize my chances of getting into Med as much as possible!! Does anyone know any places in Dublin that would let me on for work experience this summer? or does anyone have any contacts? this is really important to me that i get this experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

I think I've seen TY students knocking around the Mater & St Vincents, also in the Royal Hospital Donnybrook but they weren't really shadowing doctors, more interacting with the patient's that were there. I'm not sure how vital shadowing doctors are to you with regards getting the points in your LC, if you don't get the required points there's always the graduate entry route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 7lucy123

I think I've seen TY students knocking around the Mater & St Vincents, also in the Royal Hospital Donnybrook but they weren't really shadowing doctors, more interacting with the patient's that were there. I'm not sure how vital shadowing doctors are to you with regards getting the points in your LC, if you don't get the required points there's always the graduate entry route.

Thank you. That was great help.

Advertisement