Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why cant I get decent service??

Options
  • 13-04-2016 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I joined Eircom when they came to Longford promising fast Broadband.
    Never happened.
    Keep being told the exchange needs upgrading.
    Why wasnt this done when the Fibre optics were brought to town?
    PS. Its been almost 3 yrs of ringing etc!
    And now ye are promising even faster speeds to those who have broadband?
    Any chance ye would deliver on the earlier promises?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

quickrack wrote: »
    Never happened.
    Hi quickrack,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have an active service with us at the minute? Your broadband / efibre capability would depend on the cabinet you are connected to.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. 
    I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭quickrack

Never happened.
    Hi quickrack,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have an active service with us at the minute? Your broadband / efibre capability would depend on the cabinet you are connected to.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. 
    I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

-Pamela 
    I registered my interest more than 2 years ago.
    When I ring for updates its always the same.
    The exchange needs upgrading.
    But the people with broadband are now offered even faster speeds and I still have rubbish.
    Assist the rest of us before you move those with good speed,even higher!

Never happened.
    Hi quickrack,

-Pamela 
    But the people with broadband are now offered even faster speeds and I still have rubbish.
    I'm sorry to hear you feel this way quickrack however this is the most up to date information we have on the scheduled efibre upgrades at the minute. Apologies I could not offer you better news. 

-Pamela 

Never happened.
    Hi quickrack,

-Pamela 
    I'm sorry to hear you feel this way quickrack however this is the most up to date information we have on the scheduled efibre upgrades at the minute. Apologies I could not offer you better news. 

-Pamela 
    My service is so poor I cant see the info!

After ringing customer services they managed to get my service from 1.12mbps to 2.16mpbs. Woopdeedoo!
    This is the 6th time this has happened. That I remember.
    And after finally getting that, enormous, upgrade I checked and my number is NO longer in the e-fibre rollout !
    How is this possible?
    We have been using the service (I use the word, but it does'nt feel like a service) on the premise that we would get e fibre?
    Why was I not informed?
    Why has the exchange not been upgraded?
    I am appalled.
    But of course ye will reply with lots of WORDS.
    They will have no effect on my service, my bill, or the kids abaility to do their homework.

• Advertisement

After ringing customer services they managed to get my service from 1.12mbps to 2.16mpbs. Woopdeedoo!
    This is the 6th time this has happened. That I remember.
    And after finally getting that, enormous, upgrade I checked and my number is NO longer in the e-fibre rollout !
    How is this possible?
    We have been using the service (I use the word, but it does'nt feel like a service) on the premise that we would get e fibre?
    Why was I not informed?
    Why has the exchange not been upgraded?
    I am appalled.
    But of course ye will reply with lots of WORDS.
    They will have no effect on my service, my bill, or the kids abaility to do their homework.
    I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your broadband  quickrack.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The efibre service is subject to availability so not all customers are capable of the service I'm afraid. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]What part of Longford are you in? I will check the scheduled roll-out in your area for you.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement