Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter in Organic Search Listings. Question

Options
  • 13-04-2016 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Just trying to get an answer to my question if possible,

I've noticed from time to time, Google search results will sometimes display an expanded Twitter listing with a carousel of the latest tweets, and other times, it will just provide a result with a meta title and description.

Is it down to the volume of tweets or followers that will dictate whether the carousel will display in the results or not?

Or if GA is set up to receive social date, would this help?

I get different results for the same query. Kind of confusing.... :/

I also notice if I search for company A, the expanded tweet is never shown in the results, but company B is, from time to time.

Company B has twice as many followers and tweets as company A, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Hi!

I was searching for this too recently. Google hasn't given much away yet about why it happens, but it seems to be generated algorithmically. The best answer I can seem to find is that if you're talking about something trending on Twitter, you're relatively authoritative, and someone is searching for keywords around the trending topic, then you stand a chance to show up in the carousel.

If you're trying to make your own company show in this way your best bet is probably to use your company blog to write about trending and newsworthy content within the industry to build some authority, and tweet about it. But I can imagine that being a long process unless google reveals more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yeah, it's a tricky one alright. Like a lot of things SEO, no definitive answer.

Advertisement