Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Customer Service from Eir!

Options
  • 13-04-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am a long serving customer of Eircom/Eir and cannot believe the level of customer service and ineptitude of their staff i have experienced this last week.  Here is a summary of what has happened over the last week.

I signed up to upgrade my current broadband package with Eir towards the end of March.  i carried this out by online chat with one of their agents.  During the conversation the agent said that he would waive the installation fee of €100 for me.  He stated this during the call and also when he typed out the T&Cs of the new package to me.  At that time i was delighted with the deal and the way my enquiry was dealt with.  From then on things started to go from bad to worse.

Last week i received by latest bill. My bill is normal approx €60 per month.  this time it totalled €180.  You can imagine my shock.  I checked the bill online and noticed a fee of €100 for installation and €20 for reconnection???  I was never disconnected to start with.  I called Eir and spoke to an agent who said he "understood" my problem.  Actually he must have said "he understood" at least 20 times during the call.  I explained the web chat agreement.  He asked me to email him a copy of the web chat conversation as they don't have access to it. What?  It was Eir who email me the script of the chat at the end of my original web chat.  Strange!!  Anyway, i emailed the copy of the script and he said he would get back to me.  He couldn't give any idea as to when he would get back to me.  I explained i didn't want them to debit for the amount of €180 and said i would call him back later that day.  I called back later that day and he advised both amounts were incorrect and that my debit would be the normal €60.  I also asked him when an engineer was was likely to call to my house to put in the new upgraded line.  He advised there was a note on the system that an agent would be calling the next day (last Friday) between 9:30 and 1:30.  I asked him if he could arrange for the engineer to call me on my mobile 30 mins before calling so that i could get home for work to let him in.  He took my phone number and said that will be done.

Friday afternoon i am sitting in work and still waiting for the phone call.  It never came.  Even though i called Eir again and was advised that someone would be there.  I got home in the evening still awaiting the call from the engineer.  I called Eir again to be told by the agent that he may still call up to 5pm and that they have nothing on their records to say why the engineer didn't call yet.  I asked what happens if he doesn't call today and was told i would need to set up another appointment.  What?  Really?  I have to wait another 5-10 working days through no fault of my own.  I was told to wait until Monday and if i received no call i was to call them back between 7pm and 8pm. 

Guess what?  Yeah, no phone call.  i didn't bother calling them as i was now considering cancelling my package with Eir altogether.  However, I arrived home yesterday (Wednesday) to find a lovely postcard from an Eir/KN engineer to say that they called at 12:13 and there was nobody home.  Handwritten on the postcard was "we have no mobile phone number to call you".  Even though on three of my previous phone calls i had stressed that i needed a call 30 mins before the visit to make sure i was at home.  Each time the Eir agent confirmed that i would get a call.  After i calmed down a bit i picked up the phone i called Eir and the agent was the same Mr "I Understand" i had previously spoken to.  He was still very understandable but there was nothing he could do because the Escalation Team closes at 4:30.  He said he would contact them in the morning and would call me back.  I asked him what did he think he would be coming back to tell me.  HIs answer was that he would see when the engineer could be rescheduled to.  I said fine.

I received a phone call this afternoon and was told that an engineer will be calling Thursday 21st April (almost a full month since i upgraded).  Bewildered and exhausted with the whole matter i just said fine.

I got home this evening still annoyed by the whole ordeal and i'm considering cancelling by contact in full with Eir at this stage.  But before i do that i felt i should give them one final chance to sort things out and hence why I'm writing this essay here.  Phew!!!  Lets see what happens.

Oh one last thing, as i am typing this up i decided to check my bill online to see if it has changed from €180 to €60....its now showing €123?????  Currently on the phone to Eir trying to get this part of my problems sorted.  now only a few days before the debit hits.  Wish me luck!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I am a long serving customer of Eircom/Eir and cannot believe the level of customer service and ineptitude of their staff i have experienced this last week.  Here is a summary of what has happened over the last week.

I signed up to upgrade my current broadband package with Eir towards the end of March.  i carried this out by online chat with one of their agents.  During the conversation the agent said that he would waive the installation fee of €100 for me.  He stated this during the call and also when he typed out the T&Cs of the new package to me.  At that time i was delighted with the deal and the way my enquiry was dealt with.  From then on things started to go from bad to worse.

Last week i received by latest bill. My bill is normal approx €60 per month.  this time it totalled €180.  You can imagine my shock.  I checked the bill online and noticed a fee of €100 for installation and €20 for reconnection???  I was never disconnected to start with.  I called Eir and spoke to an agent who said he "understood" my problem.  Actually he must have said "he understood" at least 20 times during the call.  I explained the web chat agreement.  He asked me to email him a copy of the web chat conversation as they don't have access to it. What?  It was Eir who email me the script of the chat at the end of my original web chat.  Strange!!  Anyway, i emailed the copy of the script and he said he would get back to me.  He couldn't give any idea as to when he would get back to me.  I explained i didn't want them to debit for the amount of €180 and said i would call him back later that day.  I called back later that day and he advised both amounts were incorrect and that my debit would be the normal €60.  I also asked him when an engineer was was likely to call to my house to put in the new upgraded line.  He advised there was a note on the system that an agent would be calling the next day (last Friday) between 9:30 and 1:30.  I asked him if he could arrange for the engineer to call me on my mobile 30 mins before calling so that i could get home for work to let him in.  He took my phone number and said that will be done.

Friday afternoon i am sitting in work and still waiting for the phone call.  It never came.  Even though i called Eir again and was advised that someone would be there.  I got home in the evening still awaiting the call from the engineer.  I called Eir again to be told by the agent that he may still call up to 5pm and that they have nothing on their records to say why the engineer didn't call yet.  I asked what happens if he doesn't call today and was told i would need to set up another appointment.  What?  Really?  I have to wait another 5-10 working days through no fault of my own.  I was told to wait until Monday and if i received no call i was to call them back between 7pm and 8pm. 

Guess what?  Yeah, no phone call.  i didn't bother calling them as i was now considering cancelling my package with Eir altogether.  However, I arrived home yesterday (Wednesday) to find a lovely postcard from an Eir/KN engineer to say that they called at 12:13 and there was nobody home.  Handwritten on the postcard was "we have no mobile phone number to call you".  Even though on three of my previous phone calls i had stressed that i needed a call 30 mins before the visit to make sure i was at home.  Each time the Eir agent confirmed that i would get a call.  After i calmed down a bit i picked up the phone i called Eir and the agent was the same Mr "I Understand" i had previously spoken to.  He was still very understandable but there was nothing he could do because the Escalation Team closes at 4:30.  He said he would contact them in the morning and would call me back.  I asked him what did he think he would be coming back to tell me.  HIs answer was that he would see when the engineer could be rescheduled to.  I said fine.

I received a phone call this afternoon and was told that an engineer will be calling Thursday 21st April (almost a full month since i upgraded).  Bewildered and exhausted with the whole matter i just said fine.

I got home this evening still annoyed by the whole ordeal and i'm considering cancelling by contact in full with Eir at this stage.  But before i do that i felt i should give them one final chance to sort things out and hence why I'm writing this essay here.  Phew!!!  Lets see what happens.

Oh one last thing, as i am typing this up i decided to check my bill online to see if it has changed from €180 to €60....its now showing €123?????  Currently on the phone to Eir trying to get this part of my problems sorted.  now only a few days before the debit hits.  Wish me luck!!!!
    Hi  jpbdrogheda,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear you this experience, this is definitely not the service we aim to provide and for this we must apologise. 

Can you PM me the account number and I will take a look into this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement