Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 8.1 stuck in continous start up loop

Options
  • 13-04-2016 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I wonder can anyone help? I have a windows 8.0, think it upgraded to 8.1 at one point. working fine for 3 years now. I had it on Sunday or Saturday, likely turned it off. it might have gone to sleep. It was off on Monday and I turned it on on and got very little!

I have a blue light that comes on when I press it. you can hear the fan whirling, some movement inside and then it shuts off and restarts in a matter of seconds. cannot boot to safe mode or recovery mode or any mode at all. pressing any combination of F keys or escape does not work. Tired the recovery disc no joy. monitor makes an attempt to turn on but it turns off when the computer does.

I had not upgraded to Windows 10 (don't want to) but wonder if it's now upgraded automatically? I used to have the updates box ticked to say ask me before updating anything.

its an Avent computer, running grand before Monday.

I have looked at all the resolutions on the internet but they all seem to work if you can boot to BIOS or recovery disc. which I can't.

any helps is appreciated. I fear i'll have to bring it to PC world or somewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is purely a guess fix but I'd pull the memory out and reinstall in. If there are two or more banks of memory just leave bank 1 in place and try again.

Other thing to consider is CPU/fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭the14thwarrior

yes I think I will try that. I haven't opened this computer up but I have on others before me. thanks

Advertisement