Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bake off creme de la creme

• 13-04-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Is anyone watching this? Some of those cakes look amazing. I've just started at episode 3 but it seems good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The reviews are terrible, but I like the mean judges and the awful scores. Bake off is very cuddly, this is professional judges judging professional bakers, and I'm finding it fun to watch. They should make an entire series with the French guy going around tasting traditional English food and disparaging it. "Trifle, I find it bizarre" was the food quote of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The mean judges are great, especially the French guy, but it ain't no Bake Off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

No, it's not a patch on bake off but some of the things they make are amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I watch all the cookery programmes but really can't get into this. The stuff they make is fab but much as I love Tom Kerridge he's really not cut out for presenting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'm enjoying this. I particularly like the Asian looking judge - can't remember her name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

Series 2 starts next Tuesday BBC2 at 8pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Anyone watching this season. Feels different to last year, don't think the standard is as good. They probably are working under more restrictive conditions with less contestants.

Still, love Cherish and her ruler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I'm watching it but on delay! Enjoying it but agree that it's not as good as last year

Yes, been tuning in.

I like Angus Dayton as presenter, didn't think Tom Kerridge was presenter material. 2 judges is neater format and when I can understand them, they are both as harsh as ever.

The stuff they make is amazing, good to see some of the competitors back from last time. New set of teams starting tonight, but up to now, I think the all girls team led by Paula are ones to watch

Yeh I posted before I see we have another set of teams tonight.

Don't get me wrong the stuff they make is amazing maybe last year was so new I had that amazement I don't have this year.

I agree great to see some competitors back.

• Advertisement

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Yeh I posted before I see we have another set of teams tonight.

Don't get me wrong the stuff they make is amazing maybe last year was so new I had that amazement I don't have this year.

I agree great to see some competitors back.

I think the judges/producers have set unrealistic times to make it more 'exciting' viewing but it means the competitors are facing the impossible before they even start so are making more mistakes. They all come across as very sloppy!

I totally agree, I wish they'd just give them a day to make whatever they want because that would be amazing. Trying to make drama/tension just annoys me.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    I think the judges/producers have set unrealistic times to make it more 'exciting' viewing but it means the competitors are facing the impossible before they even start so are making more mistakes. They all come across as very sloppy!

Advertisement