Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

property price register query

Options
  • 13-04-2016 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Noticed recently that some houses in my area have appeared as sold in the property price register, however I am certain they were not offered for sale by local estate agents. What would be the reasons for this? For example if a parent dies and leaves a house to a son/daughter would this appear on the property price register? Not really a sale though.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TOMP wrote: »
    Noticed recently that some houses in my area have appeared as sold in the property price register, however I am certain they were not offered for sale by local estate agents. What would be the reasons for this? For example if a parent dies and leaves a house to a son/daughter would this appear on the property price register? Not really a sale though.

No, I don't think it would appear.
    Is it possible that the ads were all online and no sign was posted n the garden?
    Most searches would be online now instead of the old,fashioned way do driving the streets you like looking for for sale signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

It's possible they were sold to someone through private agreement. The owners maybe knew someone who wanted to buy in the area and agreed a price between themselves, no EA's and no for sale signs. Also don't repossessed houses go under auctioneer? They also won't appear for sale the normal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Sales happen without an estate agent.

Also, estate agents offer "private sales".

Inter-family sales, etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bit of a random question.
    I bought my house approx a year and half ago.
    It was on the PPR until recently....but it seems to have disappeared...any reason why that would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

gmisk wrote: »
    Bit of a random question.
    I bought my house approx a year and half ago.
    It was on the PPR until recently....but it seems to have disappeared...any reason why that would be?

I doubt that can be the case. Try putting different parts of your address. Sometime a space at the end of the text you are searching returns different or no results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,938 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Seeing as we're on the subject of the property price register, I have a query too if anyone might know! :D

I bought a house back in 2014 - the purchase is showing on the register
    I sold the same house in December 2015 - this is not showing on the register

Oddly, the house is now back up for sale.

If anyone is currently viewing the house, they'll see when I bought it (and the price I paid) but not the follow up sale a year later.

This, combined with the house being up for sale again seemed a bit strange. (might just be my paranoid kicking in!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

It wouldn't but if for instance the property was left to two or more offspring and one of them buys the other(s) out, that would appear. Divorcees buying each other out would also appear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

o1s1n wrote: »
    Seeing as we're on the subject of the property price register, I have a query too if anyone might know! :D

I bought a house back in 2014 - the purchase is showing on the register
    I sold the same house in December 2015 - this is not showing on the register

Oddly, the house is now back up for sale.

If anyone is currently viewing the house, they'll see when I bought it (and the price I paid) but not the follow up sale a year later.

This, combined with the house being up for sale again seemed a bit strange. (might just be my paranoid kicking in!)

The chances are that some detail in the address was entered incorrectly when it was sold in Dec 2015. It's there but because of the error it's difficult to find.

I sold a house in April 2015 & couldn't u set stand why I could never find it on the PPR. Turns out the town had a typo in the name so every search I did on the town turned up a blank. It was there but hard to find!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Sorry For Digging up an old Thread.

Is anyone responsible for the quality of the content of the Property Price Register? Its a serious question.
    I was doing a bit of research on a couple of areas and found the following.
    One village it is in spelled 5 different ways in 3 in English and 2 in Irish.
    Also another village listed in 4 different ways, listed in 2 different counties and the village spelled 2 different ways.

Do they do any quality checks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tayschren

whatnext wrote: »
    Sorry For Digging up an old Thread.

Is anyone responsible for the quality of the content of the Property Price Register? Its a serious question.
    I was doing a bit of research on a couple of areas and found the following.
    One village it is in spelled 5 different ways in 3 in English and 2 in Irish.
    Also another village listed in 4 different ways, listed in 2 different counties and the village spelled 2 different ways.

Do they do any quality checks?

I might be wrong but I think they use the information supplied to them by solicitors/builders etc which is not always correct.

I know I had to call my solicitor when I found out my house was registered for significantly less than I paid for it,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It wouldn't but if for instance the property was left to two or more offspring and one of them buys the other(s) out, that would appear. Divorcees buying each other out would also appear too.

Not entirely true- I inherited a property- and it features at the valuation on the date I inherited it on- on the Property Price Register- alongside a comment that it was not an open market valuation.

They don't seem to be consistent.........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not entirely true- I inherited a property- and it features at the valuation on the date I inherited it on- on the Property Price Register- alongside a comment that it was not an open market valuation.

They don't seem to be consistent.........

I always thought that PPR got their information via Stamp Duty Office in Revenue.

If you had to pay SD for any reason on the inheritance (but I can't see why you would) fair enough, otherwise I'm puzzled by your post!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I always thought that PPR got their information via Stamp Duty Office in Revenue.

If you had to pay SD for any reason on the inheritance (but I can't see why you would) fair enough, otherwise I'm puzzled by your post!

It involved a bit of switcheroo'ing with siblings- but no money changed hands, and no stamp duty to pay.

Advertisement