Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music played in diamond donegal town

Options
  • 13-04-2016 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭

for those who dont know the town chamber in donegal town installed speakers externally round the diamond.
    they play the same music day in day out, i was wondering how many people thought it a good idea?
    personally ive never been in a town where i think this town needs more noise i think its a ridiculous idea.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's a bit odd alright. Sometimes you'll hear birds chirping on the speakers.

Doesn't really annoy me, though I'm not sure what their purpose is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sounds like a weird idea tbh.
    I have seen it done before at Xmas time, but all year round?

What music do they play?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No pun intended but it sounds like an idea that was copied from the US.

I cant recall where or when but I read about some small town in the states that did this some time ago and with the help of researchers it was found that there was increased visitor numbers in the town and associated increase in spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not if they are blasting out Daniel O'Donnell and his ilk it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

i think its a ridiculous idea.
    agreed
    its also on Main st and i know people who live near the speakers who it annoys the hell out of as it penetrates the apartments. quite inconsiderate not to consult residents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I suppose music can give the illusion of a holiday festival type atmosphere. It is just a pity it is such terrible music they play. Usually country. Really terrible.

Advertisement