Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost 400 because of Royal Mail (Springsteen tix)

Options
  • 13-04-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We ordered 2 Springsteen tickets for nearly 400 euros. Asked for signed delivery.

Royal Mail said they were delivered but never got to my apartment. Seatwave says they're just a reseller and can't reimburse.

Does anyone know what to do? We have no tickets now, and 400 euro less. I feel powerless...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you paid by credit card, do a chargeback pronto. The carry-on by resellers is not on. Is there any way you can get a copy of the signature from Royal Mail?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Freek wrote: »
    We ordered 2 Springsteen tickets for nearly 400 euros. Asked for signed delivery.

Royal Mail said they were delivered but never got to my apartment. Seatwave says they're just a reseller and can't reimburse.

Does anyone know what to do? We have no tickets now, and 400 euro less. I feel powerless...

If you paid by Credit card or Visa Debit request a charge back form from your bank, where they will then investigate it.

Your case here is with Seatwave as you paid Seatwave. You should also email Seatwave detailing that you are requesting a chargeback as you did not receive your tickets nor can Seatwave provide postal tracking. It's important to note that it is the responsibility of Seatwave to contact Royal Mail, not you! Seatwave can then process a claim with Royalmail for compensation. Print out their email response and also if possible print out the order form for the Tickets and include these with your chargeback claim.

You will get your refund once the Bank can see that Seatwave are liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ask RM to show you the signature. They are all computerised now I think.
    Someone signed for it if they say they have been delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

How did you get on ?
    Plenty tics for sale on www.toutless.com, good site, used it many times.

Advertisement