Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost building a 1000sq ft bungalow 2016

Options
  • 13-04-2016 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I know its prob really difficult one to answer but we were thinking of applying for planning permission on a site( field) gifted to us. And building small 3bed simple bungalow 1000sq ft. Even if we could get it to stage of not finished inside so minus kitchen painting floors etc. We could do them after. Would 120000 euro do it planning, sewage , build, and arch fees. We in Wexford so no development fee. Any ideas roughly greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1000x€150 = ballpark budget price.

120k all in inclusive of planning fees, sewerage, ESB etc might be cutting it fine. But I'm in Dublin so Wexford pricing wouldn't be my strong point.

Gut feeling is it can't be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭893bet

Self build? I think it's possible to get to a builders finish with a simple design. Keep the glazing simple. The big Unknown is the ground conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rosesales

Flat site easy access no filling in or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

rosesales wrote: »
    Flat site easy access no filling in or anything

When 893bet says ground conditions, he means, like the movie: what lies beneath.
    e.g. say site has to have its own sewage plant and site is unsuitable for drainage?

supposing there are huge granite boulders.......

Supposing its bog that will require massive raft type foundations.

https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator
    will help with pricing

Instead of trying to get a particular size house for a fixed price, I would design the best possible insulated and airtight house you can for the budget and reduce the size to suit.

The key is the long term running cost of the house so by way of extreme example, if 500 euros extra a year in repayments saves you 1000 euro per annum in heating bills......

This should get you thinking of specs
    https://www.nsai.ie/S-R-54-2014-Code-of-Practice.aspx

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rosesales

Thanks for all the answers and good advice and help. Houses have been built on both sides of site by different family members so planning shouldn't be a prob nor drainage etc. I know sewage systems will cost us about 8or 9grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement