Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculas Rift Ready build

Options
  • 14-04-2016 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Im trying to build an Oculas Rift dedicated PC. I googled "oculas pc ready" and found a custom pc to build in the link below.

CPU Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
    Case Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
    Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Problem is the cases is very big. Do all Gaming machines have big cases?

Im looking to build a machine with a small case and must be quiet. My budjet is €1100. Dont require a monitor, dvd-rom.

Can someone please assist

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 6500 €200
    Z170 board €80
    8gb RAM €40
    1tb HDD €40
    120gb SSD €70
    mATX case €60
    600w PSU €60
    R9 390X €450
    Total €1000

Adding €150 or so would net you a 980Ti which would be a better card that a 390X for VR.

That build is a bit faster, newer and with a better GPU. Get a Z170M motherboard and an mATX case for a smaller form factor, but dont skimp on the case as you'll want a cool one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's a guy on adverts looking to sell a machine with almost identical spec's to your first post - but has a 750w antec psu and a 256gb ssd. He's asking 799 but if you make a good offer he'd probably accept.

edit - here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yoshidublin

Thanks for your tips. In regards to your build below can I put in the Z170M motherboards and 980Ti without having to change anything else i.e the i5 6500 would processor would be compatible. Also would this build be noisey from the fans?? And could I put in 16GB or ram on instead of 8GB. I have built lots of computers in the past. I just cant keep up with technology anymore.

i5 6500 €200
    Z170 board €80
    8gb RAM €40
    1tb HDD €40
    120gb SSD €70
    mATX case €60
    600w PSU €60
    R9 390X €450
    Total €1000

Adding €150 or so would net you a 980Ti which would be a better card that a 390X for VR.

That build is a bit faster, newer and with a better GPU. Get a Z170M motherboard and an mATX case for a smaller form factor, but dont skimp on the case as you'll want a cool one

Yep it'll all be compatible that way, just make sure your 980Ti is shorter than the case, check its length against the max length allowed by the case

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yoshidublin

Yep it'll all be compatible that way, just make sure your 980Ti is shorter than the case, check its length against the max length allowed by the case

This build wont sound very noisey as in the fans wont be loud?

• Advertisement

Depends on the case

A good, sound insulated case with good fans and a cool 980Ti will sound grand. Depends on the case really

Advertisement