Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Comic Con 2 days

• 14-04-2016 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭

Anyone that has already been to DCC, is it worth going both days or just the one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Wondering this myself actually. Have most of the panels etc on the second day been just repeats of the first?

Also, I've zero interest in paying a celeb for a handshake/autograph/photo; is there still enough going on to keep one entertained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

Wondering this myself actually. Have most of the panels etc on the second day been just repeats of the first?

Also, I've zero interest in paying a celeb for a handshake/autograph/photo; is there still enough going on to keep one entertained?

all these questions I would like answered?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kotha Hirano

i'm going to DCC to, only booked a day ticket and to see how things are, so yeah hopefully it will be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kotha Hirano

i'm going to DCC to, only booked a day ticket and to see how things are, so yeah hopefully it will be good?, if it's your first time do the day and if you like it, go to both days next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I went both days last year and enjoyed it as there were panels I was interested in going to on both days and I enjoyed seeing all the costumes, but unless there's panels you're interested in (keep in mind you have to queue about an hour before any of the big name Q+A's just to make sure you get in the room), and unfortunately the schedule for panels isn't released until a few weeks beforehand.

One day is more than enough if you have no interest in the panels, as you'll have seen everything else within an hour or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thanks folks! I'd be interested in the panels for sure, so long as there's some decent ones, it's jut the meet and greet stuff that doesn't really appeal. I'll probably get a one day ticket so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thanks folks! I'd be interested in the panels for sure, so long as there's some decent ones, it's jut the meet and greet stuff that doesn't really appeal. I'll probably get a one day ticket so!

The panels were very enjoyable - I'll probably go both days myself again this year purely for the panels (even the smaller ones were entertaining and interesting).

Anyone going, definitely bring a packed lunch though if you plan to stick around for the whole day, because the little coffee docks around the convention centre were crap and the queue's for them were mad at certain parts of the day.

The panels were very enjoyable - I'll probably go both days myself again this year purely for the panels (even the smaller ones were entertaining and interesting).

Anyone going, definitely bring a packed lunch though if you plan to stick around for the whole day, because the little coffee docks around the convention centre were crap and the queue's for them were mad at certain parts of the day.

Going to make a weekend of it, stay in Dublin and come and go to it. right now there is two panels I want to see and could do one on each day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Heading up with the two kids on the Saturday. Looking to probably buy a couple things for their collections so will be doing a bit of shopping. Any tips on shopping there? Any things not on the website I should be aware of such as getting the exclusive comic and queuing or parking tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Parking in the Convention Centre can be expensive. Went the bus route myself.

Q to get in the door went around the building last year, lot of excited people waiting to get in. I'd say if you're going early, go mega early or if not just rock up at 12 and you should have an easier time just strolling in.

No real tips for buying anything. There'll be a lot of cool stuff on sale. Talk to the folks in Artist's Alley, you might find some cool stuff there.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Heading up with the two kids on the Saturday. Looking to probably buy a couple things for their collections so will be doing a bit of shopping. Any tips on shopping there? Any things not on the website I should be aware of such as getting the exclusive comic and queuing or parking tips?
    Bring cash if you are going to buy anything.they don't handle card payments in the place. and no ATM in center.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

I went on Sunday with my missus and our little fella. We we there with another family and everyone had a fun day out. The costumes were class and we got some great pics.

Didn't see any panels unfortunately because didn't want to drag everyone along. We are definitely going back next year so I'll catch some then.

went both days, its was excellent. the 80s toy panel one of the best. have the con fever now. going to a Joss Weadon one in December in London. might be going to Toronto one in March and then back for the spin off from DCC in Kerry in April(Guest Depending)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

gmg678 wrote: »
    went both days, its was excellent. the 80s toy panel one of the best. have the con fever now. going to a Joss Weadon one in December in London. might be going to Toronto one in March and then back for the spin off from DCC in Kerry in April(Guest Depending)

Didn't make that 80s Toy Panel myself but had wanted to. Glad to see it was well received

Tell me more of this Joss Whedon Con...

Tell me more of this Joss Whedon Con...
    http://www.seanharry.com/vampire/index.html

This is it. they also have a facebook page for it : STARFURY: the vampire ball. it seems like it will be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

and then back for the spin off from DCC in Kerry in April(Guest Depending)

Whats this called?

Stab*City wrote: »
    and then back for the spin off from DCC in Kerry in April(Guest Depending)

Whats this called?
    Kerry Comic Con. Dubin Comic Con Announced it on their facebook page. April 1+2nd.
    They are putting plans in motion for it. having an all inclusive ticket with hotel and bus transfer from Dublin as well.

Advertisement