Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend things to do/see near each other in Dublin with kids please

Options
  • 14-04-2016 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hello,

I will be travelling around Dublin a lot over the summer and am hoping Dublin experts could recommend things to do and see in Dublin that are near each other.

Eg, if I go to the Zoo I could also .........

If I go to the Natural History Museum I could also go to........
    I have children aged 4 - 9 in tow.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

The Dublin Bus 'hop on / hop off' Sightseeing tour bus is fantastic value and a great way to get around.

https://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

If you go to the museum there are nice playgrounds in merrion sq or St Stephens green parks. Also the little museum of Dublin is on Stephens green. The Viking splash tour (I think it's called this its big yellow boat on wheels) goes from Stephens green.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

There is a thread in the Dublin City Forum with lots of suggestions: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057579685

It may be some help to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

When my kids go to the zoo, they (and me) are only fit for bed afterwards!

Malahide castle is nice, has lovely grounds and playground for kids, and avoca has lovely food and coffee for adults, you could go from there to howth to walk along the pier, or climb howth head if they are still energetic.

Most of museums are city centre do all pretty close together .

Lots of free activities on in dublin city libraries too, you could plan to coincide with some if those .

I have never done splash Viking tours but it looks like fun, will do it when my kids are a bit older, yours should be the right age.

Advertisement