Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League QF 2nd Leg; Liverpool (1) vs (1) BVB Dortmund; 20:05, BT / Setanta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great play all around.

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pens on BT Sport Extra between Sevilla and Bilbao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liver 'big balls' pool!

Crazy crazy night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

niallo27 wrote: »
    Did the Dortmund fans look pretty angry at the end there they seemed to be abusing the **** out of their own players.

As they should. They were cruising and then fell apart. All they have left is the cup.

The few annoying BVB fans I follow on twitter have fallen silent. Their tears taste lovely.

• Go to bed son.. people trying to enjoy themselves.

Great input

not yet wrote: »
    The middle bit, no just the end or maybe the start, ah sure fcuk it I can't remember now..
    Oh right. Did you read the post I was quoting or are you just looking for something to justify whinging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Worst thing now is over confidence. Sevilla are such a strong side.
    So were Dortmund. Bookies' favourites, weren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Un-fcukin-believable :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm an advocate of thinking that there are plenty of teams in the PL more than capable of beating any of the top European sides as long as they have managers applying a positive tactical approach and the leagues are much closer than the media would lead you to believe. I had this debate before in another thread but was shot down.
    To Liverpools advantage Klopp knows Dortmund and the weaknesses they have.

While certainly English sides could beat top European teams, I think more often that not in recent times they do not. After all this is the first time since 2009/2010 that England has 2 teams in European semi finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Pens on BT Sport Extra between Sevilla and Bilbao

Also on Setanta 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

blueser wrote: »
    So were Dortmund. Bookies' favourites, weren't they?

True true but there boys are back to back champions. They could be out yet. Pens now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Tbf you hype all the European teams to the last bar Real Madrid

Dortmund might play some good stuff up front but were ruthlessly exposed tonight. Absolutely diabolical defensive positioning from set pieces and crosses. It was obvious it was targeted tactically

You're really pi5sing in the wind trying to deflate any of us right now, to be honest, but it's your time to waste, so... work away :)

• Grayditch wrote: »
    You're really pi5sing in the wind trying to deflate any of us right now, to be honest, but it's your time to waste, so... work away :)

How am deflating you? With a pin?
    What's wrong with discussing the game?

Sweet as ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

How am deflating you? With a pin?
    What's wrong with discussing the game?

It's you though. Don't deny yourself your important role, man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Did the Dortmund fans look pretty angry at the end there they seemed to be abusing the **** out of their own players.

Any away crowd would, they couldn't hold out a three goal lead for 25 minutes. In fairness it was a last minute goal..

• Grayditch wrote: »
    It's you though. Don't deny yourself your important role, man.

Ah I see now

Anyway enjoy your fun!

Highlights now for anyone that missed it and anyone who likes discussing it!

Here we go

dfx- wrote: »
    Any away crowd would, they couldn't hold out a three goal lead for 25 minutes. In fairness it was a last minute goal..

Usually an away crowd wouid back their team through anything. Any away crowd I have been in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Sevilla go through 5-4 on penalties.

Mikel San Jose (former Liverpool Youth player) scored a penalty for Bilbao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Oh right. Did you read the post I was quoting or are you just looking for something to justify whinging?

Did you post..? sorry, I didn't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hope the majority of the Borussia Dortmund team take a long look in the mirror and realise that they should should pack it in and join Liverpool next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Probably nobody really cares, but the ref tonight really helped the game flow. Both teams wanted to play 100 miles an hour, and the ref sat back and left happen. Credit where it's due

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

While certainly English sides could beat top European teams, I think more often that not in recent times they do not. After all this is the first time since 2009/2010 that England has 2 teams in European semi finals.

What English team was in the Europa semi-final then? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Dortmund players should be hanging their heads in shame tonight, along with Tuchel. Despite scoring 3 goals they were a disgrace tonight. After the early goals they seemed to just sit back and were content to clear their lines with hoofing the ball up the field. Very uncharacteristic. It wasn't until Liverpool got the 3rd goal that they made an effort to play again and when they did Liverpool struggled to get the ball. After watching them quite a lot this season I'm baffled with the performance they turned in. No attempt from any of their players to get the ball on the ground and knock it about with the quick dynamic intricate passing they are famous for (bar some patches here and there). Must say Liverpool got alot of the 50/50 half balls tonight which started alot of their attacks, but that comes with the territory of going for it I suppose. Things just seem to go for them on big European nights in Anfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

dogbert27 wrote: »

Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ohhhhhh devastating! My lord what a start to this game, Dortmund are devastating and putting pay to some of the comments we saw after the game last week. This is stunning football.
    There'll be no repeat of Istanbul tonight.
    Hahaha, nearly spat out my beer
    Kagawa is miles better than Coutinho to be fair

All hype
    Impossible not to love Dortmund when they start throwing their combinations together, the angles they are so unusual and the pace that they move the ball at in all areas of their team is frightening.
    Coutinho really looking like a Barca player tonight, going out of Europe

The scout in attendance will be chuffed

LOL:D

• murpho999 wrote: »

Lol the last one is from another thread

Points scored!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

murpho999 wrote: »

Brilliantly put together,like a Dortmund move.

dogbert27 wrote: »

Shhh he does not want to give Liverpool any credit

• Advertisement

Points scored!!

I think you will find the last one from Rayne is post #368 of this thread

Brilliant. Love this type of stuff.

Post nonsense and expect to be called out on it.

Great night lads. Cheers for the laughs

Points scored!!

No it's #368 as already posted.

Amazing how you defend the indefensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Well done Liverpool tonight, Congrats.

Watching Klopp on the sideline was brilliant.

His enthusiasm is infectious, Even when it looks like a lost cause.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Brilliant. Love this type of stuff.

Post nonsense and expect to be called out on it.

Great night lads. Cheers for the laughs

Rayne has to cop on to himself. It was hilarious.

No it's #368 as already posted.

Amazing how you defend the indefensible.
    Just remembered i read it before as he actually posted it in the Utd v pool thread a couple of weeks back but didn't spot it in here tonight
    Sorry I don't thrall through a complete thread just to dig out loads of posts for point scoring
    But sure hey, let your hatred for me flow through you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Brilliant heart/desire to win performance by Liverpool. Absolute implosion from Dortmund. What a game of football

From an Everton Fan.

Insane game. Very enjoyable for a neutral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just remembered i read it before as he actually posted it in the Utd v pool thread a couple of weeks back but didn't spot it in here tonight
    Sorry I don't thrall through a complete thread just to dig out loads of posts for point scoring

I don't think anybody hates anybody tonight. We're all going to heaven lad's waaay!

M!cK>, you don't do yourself any favours with that avator. If you changed it to someone like Can, you'd get all the thanks, respect and swoon comments.

• OwaynOTT wrote: »
    M!cK>, you don't do yourself any favours with that avator. If you changed it to someone like Can, you'd get all the thanks, respect and swoon comments.

Never, Phil is my best m8 anyway

Oh and he laughs at Liverpool when they lose like I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Dortmund players should be hanging their heads in shame tonight, along with Tuchel. Despite scoring 3 goals they were a disgrace tonight. After the early goals they seemed to just sit back and were content to clear their lines with hoofing the ball up the field. Very uncharacteristic. It wasn't until Liverpool got the 3rd goal that they made an effort to play again and when they did Liverpool struggled to get the ball. After watching them quite a lot this season I'm baffled with the performance they turned in. No attempt from any of their players to get the ball on the ground and knock it about with the quick dynamic intricate passing they are famous for (bar some patches here and there). Must say Liverpool got alot of the 50/50 half balls tonight which started alot of their attacks, but that comes with the territory of going for it I suppose. Things just seem to go for them on big European nights in Anfield
    After Reus snared the third goal, they obviously thought they had the job done and could freewheel to the final whistle. A very dangerous attitude given
    A. The amount of time left in the game. And
    B. The way they defended tonight. Every time Liverpool went forward, a goal seemed likely.

In the end, they got what they deserved. Nothing.

I don't hate you at all,just hate a lot of your posts. Big difference.

Fair enough! Same to you!

Never, Phil is my best m8 anyway

Oh and he laughs at Liverpool when they lose like I do

That's not a healthy attitude M1Ck<!.
    You need to laugh everyday to have a healthy life and you won't get that by laughing at Liverpool.
    I recommend a course of laughing at Villa.

I'm the same I actually like Mick. He is a utd fan so you have to expect deluded crazy ass mother****en posts from him.

• OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's not a healthy attitude M1Ck<!.
    You need to laugh everyday to have a healthy life and you won't get that by laughing at Liverpool.
    I recommend a course of laughing at Villa.

Arsenal do the job every February also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Leeds and the English football team ever second summer do it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Now that's not fair on Arsenal. Its not their fault their team is the football equivalent of a kid with ADD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Poifect

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »
    Leeds and the English football team ever second summer do it for me.

Adding Dublin / Kilkenny losing in the all Ireland final..

Oh wait...where were we...that's GAA

Advertisement