If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 14-04-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

our old  Panasonic plasma has bit the dust unfortunately 🙠So in the market for new TV and I am looking for advice on what tv to get ...if you could included cost with delivery please ..... Looking for something 4K maybe 48 or 49 inches with a  budget of around 700 euro .... I do a bit of gaming as well.
    Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

harr wrote: »
    our old  Panasonic plasma has bit the dust unfortunately 🙠So in the market for new TV and I am looking for advice on what tv to get ...if you could included cost with delivery please ..... Looking for something 4K maybe 48 or 49 inches with a  budget of around 700 euro .... I do a bit of gaming as well.
    Thanks 
    Hi Harr, thanks for the post,

In and around the budget for a 49" have a look at the LG 49UF690 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201627-49uf690v.aspx at £499 / €699
    This is a 4k set, with a decent refresh rate for the gaming aspect for you
    If you don't want the 4k, and would rather put the money into overall picture, there is the new Panasonic TX49DS500 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201920-viera-tx49ds500b.aspx also at £499/€699

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Thanks for that , I will have a think about which one to go for ...in people's opinion is 4K the way to go ...kind of future proof the tv I get ..,I will be getting Sky Q installed shortly and Netflix should be doing more 4K programs shortly...is a lower end 4K tv worth it , because I know I could pick up a very good HD TV for less money ...

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

harr wrote: »
    Thanks for that , I will have a think about which one to go for ...in people's opinion is 4K the way to go ...kind of  future proof the tv I get ..,I will be getting Sky Q installed shortly and Netflix should be doing more 4K programs shortly...is a lower end 4K tv worth it , because I know I could pick up a very good HD TV for less money ...
    to be honest, if this is something you're planning to keep for 5-8 years plus, then yes its definitely worth now putting the money into 4k. More and more companies like sky are singing up to 4k, and I would say in 2 years time it will almost be the norm, much the way HD has become over time

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

to be honest, if this is something you're planning to keep for 5-8 years plus, then yes its definitely worth now putting the money into 4k. More and more companies like sky are singing up to 4k, and I would say in 2 years time it will almost be the norm, much the way HD has become over time

Brian

Hello Brian,
    My mate bought an LG 49UF640V and I'm very impressed with it, kinda thinking about getting one myself! What are you guys selling them for?

Thanks,
    M

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

madmoe wrote: »

Brian

Hello Brian,
    My mate bought an LG 49UF640V and I'm very impressed with it, kinda thinking about getting one myself! What are you guys selling them for?

Thanks,
    M
    Hi Madmoe.

Unfortunately the 49UF640 is now discontinued with all stock now gone.

For a 4K screen have a look at these two.

LG have the NEW 49UH661 price dat £799.00 or 1099.00 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201980-49uh661v.aspx?swapstore=1

You could perhaps look at the Panasonic TX49D600 £649.00 or 889.00 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201921-tx49dx600b.aspx

Let me what you think.

Any questions please ask.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.