Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 Months Experience Enough?

Options
  • 14-04-2016 3:10pm

I'm looking to move to London in the coming months, I took a job in IT Support after college an moved to Data Analyst/ Development role in the same company.

I have about 18 months experience in this team and about 22 months overall. I see a lot of jobs asking for 2 years experience, just wondering with my current experience is this enough or would it be better to hold out for longer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Kalico92 wrote: »
    I'm looking to move to London in the coming months, I took a job in IT Support after college an moved to Data Analyst/ Development role in the same company.

I have about 18 months experience in this team and about 22 months overall. I see a lot of jobs asking for 2 years experience, just wondering with my current experience is this enough or would it be better to hold out for longer?

18 months is fine.
    When they say 2 years they just mean that they don't want a complete novice fresh out of college.
    If you're right for the position then they're not going to reject you over 6 months.

Thanks a million for the input, makes sense in that perspective :D

Advertisement