Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2016

• 14-04-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter

Stephen Maguire v Alan McManus

Ricky Walden v Robbie Williams

John Higgins v Ryan Day

Judd Trump v Liang Wenbo

Martin Gould v Ding Junhui

Mark Williams v Graeme Dott

Neil Robertson v Michael Holt

Shaun Murphy v Anthony McGill

Marco Fu v Peter Ebdon

Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda

Ronnie O'Sullivan v David Gilbert

Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann

Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson

Michael White v Sam Baird

Mark Selby v Robert Milkins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Tough draw for some here in particular bingham and martin gould.

So we are off. Bingham 28/1 for the tournament. Looks to be cueing well, but tough one here against ali carter. Ronnie still firm favourite at 7/4. No doubt who the bookies think will win it based off the masters performance. Robertson and trump next at 6/1, selby 10/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I'd say Trump will win it but hope Ronnie can get his sixth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Backed Higgins at 20s

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Bingham out....

He looked like he had recovered last years form in the last few frames, at 9-8 Carter looked finished but he did well to come back.

Shame there had to be a loser, the Championship is off to a great start, hope it continues like this.

• Advertisement

Yes a good match. Quite a few bad misses from both players and bingham wasn't going to go too far this time. But very enjoyable to watch. A pity to see either guy lose tonight, but it is good for carter after all the health issues he has been through which dropped him down the rankings.

Murphy in a spot of bother in his game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Is there any bets on how many times JV will say "where's the cue ball going"?
    Or how many times the 85 final will be mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Is there any bets on how many times JV will say "where's the cue ball going"?
    Or how many times the 85 final will be mentioned?

They were showing the '85 final yesterday.

Murphy gone now. Mcgill sure played well this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

It's a pity Robertson and Trump are scheduled to meet at the QF stage. That'll be some game if it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

tanko wrote: »
    It's a pity Robertson and Trump are scheduled to meet at the QF stage. That'll be some game if it happens.

Pity indeed, the winner of that (if it happens) will never get an easier semi-final too, Higgins is the only one I could see troubling either and I still wouldn't fancy him to beat them.

Steve Davis retiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ronnie through to the 2nd round, looks to be playing well enough so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

_feedback_ wrote: »

Think Ronnie needs to create drama to get himself going or something. :)

The press will get more headlines from this than if he went into the press conference and spoke about the game.

And between now the long gap to his next game, it will be speculation about why he didn't want to do any press.

It's never dull with Ronnie around, that's for sure.

Robertson 3-0 down to Holt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

Myrddin wrote: »
    Robertson 3-0 down to Holt!

He's 6-3 down going into tonight, Holt playing some great stuff. Robertson in big trouble now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Great to see Higgins back playing so well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

It would be great to see Higgins and Ronnie in the final. I don't care much about the new generation of snooker players, they lack personalities.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

As long as there are lads out there who can play the game to a high technical level, I couldn't give a flying f*ck how "interesting" their personalities are.

511 wrote: »
    It would be great to see Higgins and Ronnie in the final. I don't care much about the new generation of snooker players, they lack personalities.

I think Judd Trump fits the bill, even if just for his exhibition shots when clearing the colours after the frame is safe.

The rest do bore me though, if I'm being honest, but I really don't mind that as long as the quality is there.

Such a shame the Beeb have diluted their Snooker coverage so much. Are the evening sessions covered on the iPlayer even?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Such a shame the Beeb have diluted their Snooker coverage so much. Are the evening sessions covered on the iPlayer even?

Robertson vs. Holt is on the red button, there's always a match on the red button AFAIK.

Sorted ;)

Eurosport always have coverage of the two games during every session

martyos121 wrote: »
    Robertson vs. Holt is on the red button, there's always a match on the red button AFAIK.

Yes there is. This comes up every year but I reckon the bbc are showing more snooker now than ever. It has been 7 hours a day from 10am to 6pm. Then highlights later and snooker through the night. Then most have the red button which I have on all the time. I'd say they didn't even provide near that amount of coverage in 1985/86 at the height if snookers public profile.

If they cut red button services it will be a disaster during the snooker tournaments, not sure how much they'd really save doing that, but the bean counters are reportedly looking at it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement