Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

delaney001 wrote: »
    Actually that's been the game I've seen the most of and some of the shots I've seen McManus take beggar belief. Prob sounds a snotty opinion, but at this level and stage your just not used to seeing people take wrong options or make foolish shots.

I think neither of them are feeling confident and they aren't confident about the cushions which is probably leading some abnormal shot selection. For whatever reason the bounce off the cushion is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

jimmii wrote: »
    I think neither of them are feeling confident and they aren't confident about the cushions which is probably leading some abnormal shot selection. For whatever reason the bounce off the cushion is all over the place.

Tables are hampering them allright.
    Ronnie on this afternoon I think so hopefully thatll see a dramatic increase in quality!

delaney001 wrote: »
    Tables are hampering them allright.
    Ronnie on this afternoon I think so hopefully thatll see a dramatic increase in quality!

Yeh looking forward to this one. Thing with Ronnie is if the cushions are off you wouldn't be surprised if he just played every shot so he didn't need to use them it's ridiculous the things he can do at times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

How did Carter finish up? Saw a frame and a bit and he looked semi decent.

How did Carter finish up? Saw a frame and a bit and he looked semi decent.

He seemed to get a lot of kicks and bad bounces off cushions. Ended up losing 13 -11 i think. Poor game to watch tho, no flow or consistency from either player.
    Fine start from Hawkins

• Advertisement

The rocket just does as he pleases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

That was great to watch.

Pity he's such an arsehole.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Hawkins O'Sullivan is pretty enjoyable so far, even that scrappy frame was interesting, and no louts roaring their heads off every time Hawkins misses a shot, hope it continues to stay close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Dam I stopped watching assumed it was a frame from over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't take my eyes off this one. Baird is looking great at the moment, but he's one mistake away from losing the match potentially.

Also, there was a massive roar from the crowd watching the other table a while ago, they type of noise you'd hear for a 147 (there wasn't one btw), anyone know what happened?

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Have it back on now!

Its amazing how often Selby seems to get himself into these positions where its close against someone you expect him to beat. He never seems to go out and blitz people like the other top players often do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Watching back at the old matches from the 70s or 80s the commentators said so little compared to now. Now they feel they must occupy every minute with comments. Some of it is interesting, and we are watching more now when red button or online coverage of every frame wasn't an option so the audience for the average frame is much higher now and the commentaters probably feel they need to keep the viewers engaged.

Ebdon is very guilty of this. He must think we're listening to the game on the radio or something.

jimmii wrote: »
    Its amazing how often Selby seems to get himself into these positions where its close against someone you expect him to beat. He never seems to go out and blitz people like the other top players often do.

He's the Dominick Cruz of snooker. :pac:

I rate Selby very highly but he really can't afford to lose this match, he looked home and dry at 11-7, this would dent his confidence in a big way.

martyos121 wrote: »
    He's the Dominick Cruz of snooker. :pac:

I rate Selby very highly but he really can't afford to lose this match, he looked home and dry at 11-7, this would dent his confidence in a big way.

He'd have a wicked jab for sure and probably move like an Alien like Cruz!

If Selby gets through this it could be the wake up call he needs.

This is one of the best frames of the championship so far, love the tactical battles like these.

Must be going close to an hour now.

• Advertisement

Can't believe he potted that red, looked wide all the way!

Can't believe he potted that red, looked wide all the way!

To hit the blue and the knuckle of the pocket and for it to drop seemed impossible!

Going to a decider, Selby needs a big break to win it because Baird's safety game is much better tonight.

EDIT: Haha my head is not screwed on, still three frames left to play potentially. :o

Snookers a funny game at time 141 points in the difference and its all level!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

This has turned into a real cracker of a match. Now it's a best of 3 but all the momentum is with Bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HisJills

Serious wobble from Selby to lose 4 on the trot. Can't pot a ball at the moment, looks worried too!
    Great opening red from Sam there, can he win 5 in a row to take the lead? Inconceivable 2 hours ago! That's why I love snooker

skipper_G wrote: »
    This has turned into a real cracker of a match. Now it's a best of 3 but all the momentum is with Bird.

Is that Larry Bird or Charlie Bird? :-p autocorrect I'm guessing!! ;-)

• Advertisement

Going to a decider, Selby needs a big break to win it because Baird's safety game is much better tonight.

EDIT: Haha my head is not screwed on, still three frames left to play potentially. :o

If it goes 12-12 you can just repost it :-p

Advertisement