Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk - Nicest Chinese Chips

Options
  • 14-04-2016 7:42pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

As a somewhat regular consumer of chinese food in Dundalk I normally aim for the Adelphi Jade to avail of what I think is the best price/portion/taste ratio. The availability of parking is also a bonus.

The only downfall for the adelphi jade is that at the best of times their chips are ok and at the worst of times they aren't good at all. Sometimes very dry and over-cooked/over-rested.

Just wondering what Chinese take-away would take your prize for the best chips while still doing a decent curry without costing an arm and a leg (Curry House, I'm looking at you).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Wilton's.

Wilton's chips are decent but their prices are excellent. Beef/Chicken curry, fried rice and chips for 7.20 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

If the Chinese takeaways ever nail the right formula for making decent chips the traditional chippers are screwed! Screwed i tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Once in a blue moon you can get lucky with Chinese chips ... but more often than not they're an oil soaked yet crispy hollow encasement of crud.

Recently though..... had a couple of good batches from golden chopsticks on park st.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

connies beside the windmill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Get the chips in the Roma and the curry in the Sun House. Beside each other and worth the effort. Chinese chips are rotten.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Tried Wiltons. Chips a vast improvement over Adelphi Jade but I made the mistake of asking for extra spicy curry as I usually do with AJ.

Blew the bollox off me. Missus couldn't eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Lins on Barrack St have amazing chips, not the sort you'd expect from a Chinese Takeaway at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Can't speak for sober Duff, but píssed Duff loves Golden Chopstick's chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sounds like a case for The Chief

[url=]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_c3FKSwPPsQ[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Blackwok do lovely salt and pepper chips and their curry has nice kick to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Never go to China kitchen anymore, their food is too bland. Golden Chopsticks, Wok n Roll and Black Wok are the preferred takeaways now.

Advertisement