Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear kitchen extension

Options
  • 14-04-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    I am looking to add a rear extension to detached house ( rural Munster ) . Single story, 25sq mtr, hipped roof with velux window. Breakout existing rear window and extend opening to ~3m. Reuse existing windows ( except velux). Builders finish, no kitchen, no flooring or tiling, no Interior doors/architrave.
    I had estimated ~1000euro per sq mtr, quote I have got was 1500 euro per sq mtr which makes it a non runner, getting a second quote at the moment but losing faith now based on that quote. Struggling to find third builder to quote ( original house builder not interested due to size, another builder ( carpenter by trade) Didn'thave enough experience.
    Is 1000euro sq Mt realistic? Have been told that it's not for this size and the the additional cost of breaking out rear wall and putting in RSJ. Am I being unrealistic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

You should be able to get it done for that figure or even less. However there are many things that can affect the price. Like,How remote the property is. Site Access to and from the area. Drains, most likely have to be moved. Extended Gas supply if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kylie Fan

sky6 wrote: »
    You should be able to get it done for that figure or even less. However there are many things that can affect the price. Like,How remote the property is. Site Access to and from the area. Drains, most likely have to be moved. Extended Gas supply if required.

Thanks, access etc is very easy, drain at the rear will need to be moved, oil supply ok, boiler will need to be moved also.

Decided to get some arch drawings completed now, eventhough it's small and straightforward and no planning required, some builders won't quote without detailed drawings

Advertisement