Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome not working on Win10 laptop, but Edge is

Options
  • 14-04-2016 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭

The OHs laptop was running Chrome fine up until a couple of days ago.

Now when you click on the shortcut on the desktop, you get the hourglass for a few seconds, then nothing. It doesnt open.

Try to open Edge and it runs fine.

Anyone know why this would be happening? What can I do to fix it?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Re-install chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mp22 wrote: »
    Re-install chrome

Best and simplest solution. Chrome should remember all your bookmarks and settings after the reinstall when she signs in after re-install.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When I tried to UNINSTALL Chrome it just seemed to freeze and not remove it.

Will try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

NIMAN wrote: »

Will try again tomorrow.

Run a virus scan

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

NIMAN wrote: »

Will try again tomorrow.

Just download the installer and run it. It will refresh any broken shortcuts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kyubi

This happened to me after a recent update, couldn't get it to work and re-installing it didn't help. I had to uninstall the update and then it worked fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

use revo uninstaller if it doesn't uninstall

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Finally got it to UNINSTALL, don't know why it wasn't working for a while.

Reinstalled it and it seems to be working again.

Thanks all.

Advertisement