Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking to speak with a financial advisor in advance of contacting a PIP

• 14-04-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Do any financial experts offer a service where I can speak with them in relation to a complicated situation which has led to my mortgage default.

I understand that a PIP is an honest broker between the bank and mortgage holder but in advance of contacting a PIP is there a financial advisor that can advise me the best way to deal with a PIP?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No need. Go straight to the PIP. You are paying them, and they'll be on your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 INeedHelp15

No need. Go straight to the PIP. You are paying them, and they'll be on your side.

My understanding of a PIP is that they are the honest broker between bank and client and not an advocate on the clients' behalf.

Im hoping there's someone I can speak to in advance of trying to sort a deal with the bank to advise me on certain issues that an 'honest broker'(PIP) could be conflicted on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You could engage 2 PIP, and choose depending on their advice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

My understanding of a PIP is that they are the honest broker between bank and client and not an advocate on the clients' behalf.

Im hoping there's someone I can speak to in advance of trying to sort a deal with the bank to advise me on certain issues that an 'honest broker'(PIP) could be conflicted on.

You need to remember who pays who.

Why would anyone pay a PIP only to have them essentially act as an arbitrator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

You need to remember who pays who.

Why would anyone pay a PIP only to have them essentially act as an arbitrator?

Take a look here to find an independent one if you want one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement