Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher/Government pay & CP hour talks etc

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Looks like it's just for third level on the circular, the plot thickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Zizigirl wrote: »
    Looks like it's just for third level on the circular, the plot thickens

Circular posted is for ETB and secondary schools not third level?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Circular posted is for ETB and secondary schools not third level?

Sorry, the one I posted was just IoT, didn't realise there was a few different ones

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This is a very interesting circular and I wonder who authorised this.

The main points we should be focusing on are cl005/2014 and cl0006/2014 which set out the terms of the agreement we have with the current government who are still technically in power.
    The mains points to note are the restoration of our increments and the timescale for such, the addition of S&S money to our payscales (400 of which has been added in Jan but we are not supposed to be getting the 600) and the restoration of cuts for 65k people. We have kept this agreement up to its end in June 2016 and it can be argued FEMPI is no longer a necessity.

So what next? Do we write to our TDs stating that we have kept our agreement with the government and they are now reneging on the agreement that they also kept. Surely the labour relations court should be brought in. What if a teacher brought a case against the Government for not keeping their part of the agreement through the labour court as a grievance, I'm sure the costs of this are quite low as many colleagues have used this process to get increments owed.

Being honest, I am looking forward to the fight and I think most of the profession is thinking the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Yup, definitely a case for hassling your local FG TD, I reckon they're itching for another election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Don't care about the money, let them keep it I say, they're only saving 1/3 of what they say they're back paying us anyway, divide the take home by the 33 hours and see what you're getting for it.

Much more important to stand together on this one than it is to panic at the thoughts of a few quid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I've read the circular a few times but I'm a bit confused. Are they freezing our pay if we don't sign up or stopping deferrals?

dory wrote: »
    I've read the circular a few times but I'm a bit confused. Are they freezing our pay if we don't sign up or stopping deferrals?

If we are not in an agreement then no increments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Yup, definitely a case for hassling your local FG TD, I reckon they're itching for another election.

This just proves civil servants are running the country.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    This just proves civil servants are running the country.

Emails for FG td's here http://www.finegael.ie/our-people/tds/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

If our increments are frozen from September then we should withdraw from all EC activities as a start. If that doesn't work (and it won't) then we should withdraw from S&S. F**k them and their lack of respect for what the themselves agree to

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

EC unfortunately would never work as in most schools its of interest to some pupils and teachers.
    S&s however is another story as into will be getting their 600 euro in July I believe but we wont so why should we still do it. But then they could threaten t treat us all as opt outs and then cut our pay accordingly

Does anybody have any inside track on this?

Was talking to our Union Rep who said she missed an important meeting this week but didn't say what was important or what was on agenda.

What's the likelihood of us voting on something before school breaks up? We've 24 school days left. Seems nigh on impossible to me, surely we'd have to know what we were voting on at this stage in order to digest/analyse it and make a decision.

The TUI website is absolutely sending me over the edge. There are NO UPDATES on it since Congress on 29th March (unless you count them advertising jobs :rolleyes:).

That's really not acceptable while continuing to take dues from members.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Does anybody have any inside track on this?

Was talking to our Union Rep who said she missed an important meeting this week but didn't say what was important or what was on agenda.

What's the likelihood of us voting on something before school breask up? We've 24 school days left. Seems nigh on impossible to me, surely we'd have to know what we were voting on at this stage in order to digest/analyse it and make a decision.

The TUI website is absolutely sending me over the edge. There are NO UPDATES on it since Congress on 29th March (unless you count them advertising jobs
    In school ballot mid May
    Results before we finish for summer

km79 wrote: »
    In school ballot mid May
    Results before we finish for summer
    How can be ballot mid May when we don't even have a document yet? The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

How can be ballot mid May when we don't even have a document yet? The mind boggles.

Talks still ongoing, to resume after the weekend is what I heard.
    You are right though, as any ballot needs notice, so we are going down to the wire.

I wonder can the talks even be signed off on without a government?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I wonder can the talks even be signed off on without a government?

I reckon that's what is holding it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

I reckon that's what is holding it up

Be sorted this week sure, Enda making history.

He made history a long time ago, and not for any good reasons.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement