Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear plugs

Options
  • 15-04-2016 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Long time lurker on this forum and I have often seen posters being advised to get earplugs as a way to deal with noisy neighbours etc. I slept with wax ones in last night because of a party next door. Very irritating to have to do that on a week night but anyway.
    Does anyone have a brand or type that they recommend? And can they damage your ears if they are worn regularly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You can get used to almost anything.

Earplugs come in app shapes / form / sizes, including wax.

Train noise? NP, you will get used to it.

Otherwise, move.

Recommend getting used to it / tuning it out.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

I have to use them every night as I'm quite a light sleeper, got in the habit of wearing them because my past housemate was thunderous in her movements.

I haven't used wax ones, just foam ones, and if you buy them in boots or wherever they can be pretty costly, do I started buying them online. Do a search on eBay or Amazon, the more you buy the more you save.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shift worker, and use the foam ones myself.

I find them decent, block out most noise to aid sleep during the day.
    I find that they don't work as well when they are out of shape, which normally happens after a couple of uses.

Thankfully we et them supplied free at work, so got loads of them!

Never tried any other kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

It's neighbours who occasionally have loud parties but are otherwise lovely. Irritating when they choose a week night but it is definitely not worth moving out over, it only happens once a month or so. Thanks for the advice so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note Sorry OP but this really isn't an A&P issue so I'm closing the thread.

If anyone wants to suggest a brand please pm the OP

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement