Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laguna

• 15-04-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Morning,

Any thoughts on mk3 Laguna?
    It's a 1.5 dci 110bhp with 70thou km on it, only used local driving so would that be a worry?
    Are they as troublesome as the renaults of old?

Looking for a bit of comfort , have a fiesta 03and drive cork -Dublin-cork every weekend so in car a lot.
    Any owners here with thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're probably the best value used car out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Idealling the 2.0dci would be nicer to get but they are rarer than the 1.5dci. Given your coming from a Fiesta, the 1.5dci will still be a massive come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

There are two versions of the 2.0 diesel. Those post 2010 have 150bhp versus 130 plus much lower emissions (and therefore road tax) and a chain driven cam. Only complaint is they still have those stoopid credit car keys. As Colm has said above, they are excellent value used, IMO largely because they are wrongly equated with the sins of its MkII forbearer. They are indeed a fine car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

The 1.5dci engine from that era is reliable I have one in a Megane with double that mileage and no major issues. The Laguna is a comfortable car great value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Are the electrics much improved? I was also looking at one of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

peteb2 wrote: »
    Are the electrics much improved? I was also looking at one of these.

No real electrics issues in Renaults from 2008 ish onwards all the electric Windows even work in my Megane :pac: along with everything else electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭The Slobs

Have an 08 1.5 with over 300K still going strong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My dad has an 09 one with 110k. They are fairly good value but he'll be trading up in the not too distant future and he won't get that much back. Only issue we had was that the tyres on them cost a fortune to replace but no mechanical problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Dero

I have an 08 one and I think it's a great car. It is a 2.0 though, so different engine. They are a comfortable car for motorway cruising, and as mentioned previously, they're miles ahead of the mkII Laguna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Are there any known issues with this gen of Laguna?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Zcott wrote: »
    Are there any known issues with this gen of Laguna?

I have not heard of any. Engine is found throughout the range and is a solid unit assuming the proper oil has been used at the proper intervals.

Advertisement