Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reef - Academy

Options
  • 15-04-2016 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭

Got a free ticket to go see Reef in the Academy last night. To be honest, I wouldn’t have paid to go. Knew a couple of songs from Replenish album many years ago, but nothing from them since.

Anyway, what an excellent gig. Sound was fantastic. And great atmosphere, even though there was only a couple of hundred punters there. Felt like the walls were shaking for the first song. I’m sure Reef weren’t making any money from the night – but it felt more like they were trying to promote a come-back. That being said, I don’t even know if they took a hiatus, or if they have been plugging away for the past 20 years. I guess a quick google would tell me.

Anybody else at the gig. Naked is a great song live.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I didn't go but liked them a lot back in the 90s/early 00s. Unfortunately their best album was the one that didn't get a full release. I must root out their CDs and give them a listen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Her Dad won a ticket and said they rocked the place last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

This one. A few of the songs made it onto their Greatest Hits album but the actual album was never released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement