Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 New York 12th November *Confirmed*

• 15-04-2016 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

News broke during the night that MSG is hosting the UFC for the first time.

I better get saving! This will be a bigger card than UFC 200 in my eyes.

Jones / Weidman / Sterling / Edgar should all be involved as theyre from the state. Anyone else? Conor too.
    Maybe even Ronda might be back for this, it ties in with her schedule anyways.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Petermc83 wrote: »
    News broke during the night that MSG is hosting the UFC for the first time.

No it didn't, it was yesterday afternoon and this has and is already being talked about in the general thread. Really no need for another thread is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Petermc83

well i think it deserves its own thread as it will be a huge event.

well i think it deserves its own thread as it will be a huge event.

Well if we were 7 months in the future and this was Paully's usual prediction/breakdown/info thread I would agree with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

In fairness it's a pretty historic event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Devastator wrote: »
    Well if we were 7 months in the future and this was Paully's usual prediction/breakdown/info thread I would agree with you

What's your problem? Huge news - Does warrant a new thread I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I better get saving!

Most definitely. Tickets are gonna cost an arm and a leg for this. My plans to head to Vegas for 200 were derailed by work commitments so i'll be hoping i can swing this.

On a huge plus note, NY is generally cheaper than Vegas. Only thing id be worried about is flight prices being hiked up because of christmas shoppers.

No it didn't, it was yesterday afternoon and this has and is already being talked about in the general thread. Really no need for another thread is there?

What harm in it?? Its a historic milestone.

You started a thread for the rotterdam event a few weeks ago for people thinking of going to it. Nothing wrong with this chap doing the same for New York.

BOHtox wrote: »
    In fairness it's a pretty historic event

I agree 100%, the event itself, in 7 months time is an historic event(hence my 2nd post), likewise the UFC 200 event, in 3 months time, is an historic event but we're all managing just fine using the general thread for news, fight annoucements, chat, etc
    John_D80 wrote: »
    What harm in it?? Its a historic milestone.

You started a thread for the rotterdam event a few weeks ago for people thinking of going to it. Nothing wrong with this chap doing the same for New York.

1/ I didn't post the Rotterdam thread 7 months in advance & 2/ I clearly said in the 1st post to try and keep the thread to anything R'dam/Holland related such as travel, hotels, etc whereas this is just a general event thread.

I posted & asked the OP a question, I don't understand why others are jumping in to argue on his behalf :confused: Thats my 2 cents worth anyway, feel free to reply or argue on but don't expect a reply :)

I agree 100%, the event itself, in 7 months time is an historic event(hence my 2nd post), likewise the UFC 200 event, in 3 months time, is an historic event but we're all managing just fine using the general thread for news, fight annoucements, chat, etc

1/ I didn't post the Rotterdam thread 7 months in advance & 2/ I clearly said in the 1st post to try and keep the thread to anything R'dam/Holland related such as travel, hotels, etc whereas this is just a general event thread.

I posted & asked the OP a question, I don't understand why others are jumping in to argue on his behalf :confused: Thats my 2 cents worth anyway, feel free to reply or argue on but don't expect a reply :)

No one is arguing with you. Seems to me this thread would be the perfect place for discussing things like hotels/flights etc.

Im sure there will be a proper fight discussion thread in due course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any of you lads planning on heading over to this? I'm very tempted to make my first trip over to the States, but even with Fight Club I'd imagine getting tickets will be a complete lottery.

Flights available for around €400 at the moment.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Any of you lads planning on heading over to this? I'm very tempted to make my first trip over to the States, but even with Fight Club I'd imagine getting tickets will be a complete lottery.

400 is great value.

Accomodation wise, I once stayed in a hotel just a couple blocks up from MSQ and it was dirt cheap. 3 star. Less than $300 for 4 nights room only.

Be warned though, ive been to NY 4 times and what is classed as 3 star in NYC would barely scrape 2 star here in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Very very tempted.....The missus is too...I'll probably try for tickets and see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Think I'm going to book this during the week, looking at 9th-13th or 14th. Working at about 600ish between three. More than likely staying in a kip havnt got to look proper but iv stayed in the worst of the worst in Ibiza I wont care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    Think I'm going to book this during the week, looking at 9th-13th or 14th. Working at about 600ish between three. More than likely staying in a kip havnt got to look proper but iv stayed in the worst of the worst in Ibiza I wont care.

As long as there's a bed and a shower, it's fine. :)

As long as there's a bed and a shower, it's fine. :)

Exactly, iv never went for any luxuries in that department iv just kept the money for other stuff to do while there, Bar Vegas iv gone all out we booked two suites in the MGM between four of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Hotel booked and just deciding between air France and klm for flights.
    Hopefully will pick up tickets - am guessing will have to stump up for fight club presale for this - but have 2 connections over there, one who knows a few ufc low level fighters and another who's a past pres of some ex pat society so fingers crossed
    After having a fairly terrible 12 months with serious illness, all going well, ill be clear to fly again by then

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Thinking of heading over to this. Any idea when tickets will go up for sale ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

14murphy wrote: »
    It's sold out. Went in same 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Mellor wrote: »

Dude....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Mellor wrote: »

What? when did they go on sale?

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »

Keep an eye on ufc.com

Usually dont go on sale til maybe 8 or 10 weeks before the event. Open to correction on this though as ive only ever purchased tickets for UFC once previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Hotel booked and just deciding between air France and klm

Both are delta..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sadly my days of 3-4 events a year are in the past. Was hoping for either Vegas for 200 or New York but it's just not going to work out.

Particularly painful since I'm just back from a holiday, to New York and Las Vegas...

Went to the Pacquaio fight in Vegas but that was for my father in law's benefit rather than mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Maybe even Ronda might be back for this, it ties in with her schedule anyways.

Ronda is a cert for 205 I'd say. She campaigned for the legalizing of MMA there and was even present when the bill was signed in.

Tate would be a sweet opponent choice, depends what happens in July I guess but personally I'd like to see a Holm rematch.

Think it's probably the most fair match up too as, imo, Holm deserved a rematch against Tate at UFC 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

They'll go HUGE for this.

Jones v DC

Ronda v whoever

McGregor v Aldo/Edgar

would be my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I think we'll get 2 title fights and then maybe some other big names.

FW Title: Conor McGregor v Frankie Edgar
    WBW: Miesha Tate v Ronda Rousey
    Chris Weidman v Nick Diaz (Probably won't happen but maybe!)
    TJ Dillashaw v Uriah Faber
    Carlos Condit v Matt Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I think we'll get 2 title fights and then maybe some other big names.

FW Title: Conor McGregor v Frankie Edgar
    WBW: Miesha Tate v Ronda Rousey
    Chris Weidman v Nick Diaz (Probably won't happen but maybe!)
    TJ Dillashaw v Uriah Faber
    Carlos Condit v Matt Brown

Doubt the card will be this strong to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I wonder is she looking for mcgregor money and they can't come to an agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Will be interesting to see what card they come up with as I don't see Conor fighting that soon again either. I guess Jon Jones could be an option if he gets off his ban. Maybe GSP?

Will be interesting to see what card they come up with as I don't see Conor fighting that soon again either. I guess Jon Jones could be an option if he gets off his ban. Maybe GSP?

GSP won't be fighting til December. He re-entered the USADA drug testing pool which has a 4 month schedule before competing. Of course he could wangle an exemption a la Brock but he has said he won't do that as he has been very vocal about testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

ufc205.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not in pic as he(TW) was in studio discussing it T Wood v Thompson is signed to go aswell.

So all the fights already reported by the various MMA media bar Weidman/Romero which looks like it could be off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Card is looking seriously underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Whats the hold up with Romero Weidman ?

• Advertisement

TheNap wrote: »

Weidmans injured/off the card according to multiple sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Seems to be a very 'Murica card. Edgar/Cerrone/Mr. US Military himself as well as Liz Carmouche all scream America. Just missing Weidman to complete the set.

Incredibly underwhelming so far.

There seems to be a major fighter revolt brewing nd they seem to be taking the opportunity now to show it.

Duffy refused a fight in Belfast, one or more of McGregor/Alvarez/Nurmagomedov refusing at 205. Al Iaquinta, Juliana Pena, Chris Weidman (allegedly) all refusing fights at 205 too.

Shlt be a brewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

they could improve the card by simply taking kennedy/evans and putting
    it in the early prelims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

TheNap wrote: »

Are the tickets for this out today? Can't seem to find anything on it? Would anyone have a spare fight pass code? Didn't realise mine expired last month would greatly appreciate it!

Edit - seems it's not until next Wednesday. Not the easiest to find info on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Joanna v Karolina

Meisha v Pennington

Both confirmed.

ASOT wrote: »
    Weidmans injured/off the card according to multiple sources.

Not injured. Wants more money. He deserves it. He campaigned his ass off for NY, Writing letters to the senators, going to talk to politicians and the UFC used him as the forefront of it. They used him as the babyface and are probably docking alot of his pay because he's not a Champion anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

mdwexford wrote: »
    Joanna v Karolina

Meisha v Pennington

Both confirmed.

Couldn't be bothered checking her record but is Penningtons record like 1-18 at this stage? Awful, awful fighter and should be pleased with the free Reebok gear before shes shown the door after this.

Couldn't be bothered checking her record but is Penningtons record like 1-18 at this stage? Awful, awful fighter and should be pleased with the free Reebok gear before shes shown the door after this.

Are you actually for real? She's 8-5 and has lost to Cat Zingano, Leslie Smith, Holly Holm and Jessica Arande who she since beat. She has shown massive improvements and is on a 3 fight winning streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Your not very good at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Are you actually for real? She's 8-5 and has lost to Cat Zingano, Leslie Smith, Holly Holm and Jessica Arande who she since beat. She has shown massive improvements and is on a 3 fight winning streak.

100% She really brought it in the majority of those fights too and she's easily the most successful fighter to come from TUF18 apart from Peña.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You must be thinking about somebody else.

Front Row Brian (notorious spoofer mind you) claims that the ticket prices aren't as bad as first feared

$100/200/300/450/600/750/1250.

Saw other reports suggesting as high as $1500 for the top price seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Front Row Brian (notorious spoofer mind you) claims that the ticket prices aren't as bad as first feared

$100/200/300/450/600/750/1250.

Saw other reports suggesting as high as $1500 for the top price seats.

That list is the higher end pricing for a UFC event. Was the same for 194 and 202. There will be very few $100 and $200 tickets

• Advertisement
Advertisement