Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 New York 12th November *Confirmed*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mendes hits hard for a 145 blown up steroid cheat,wrecked Lamas with his power and stuck Aldo on his arse,sure hes the self professed Mike Tyson of MMA....

There is nobody who can watch that and seriously think Nate won that fight,the man was absolutely butchered in every round ate clean hard shots for 25 minutes,he won rd 3 10-9 close round,the 5th is up for debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Less than 3 weeks to go...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

I'm thinking of going. Going to go to credit union tomorrow to try get a loan. Anyone selling a ticket for face value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm thinking of going. Going to go to credit union tomorrow to try get a loan. Will try pay back tenner a week from my 188 for the next 36or 48 months. Anyone selling a ticket for face value

troll_zpspixoeqcv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Stick to playing your kiddies PS4 games scud, if there's a problem with my posts you know where the report button is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 InstantMMA

Gamebred wrote: »

There is nobody who can watch that and seriously think Nate won that fight,the man was absolutely butchered in every round ate clean hard shots for 25 minutes,he won rd 3 10-9 close round,the 5th is up for debate.

Watched with no audio it's a clear cut win for McGregor, the crowd reaction and the commentary play a part in how people viewed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm thinking of going. Going to go to credit union tomorrow to try get a loan. Will try pay back tenner a week from my 188 for the next 36or 48 months. Anyone selling a ticket for face value

Great for you that you're going. Hope you have a ball. No need to rub it in the faces of those less well off who can't afford to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Another McGregor event on the horizon. This usually means a few things happen..

1. We get an influx of new posters - fans and haters alike. If someone is out of line just report it, do not get into back and forth with them.

2. A lot of you let it go to your head and get over excited by the whole thing. Think before you post, whether its about fighters or replying to someones post. Basically have some common sense.

3. Some of you decide to report every comment that is anti McGregor or when someone says something you dont like. This is not the McGregor appreciation forum - people are allowed have opinions, as long as they follow the rules of boards and the forum charter there is no reason to be reporting people unnecessarily, it makes extra work for us and you stand out as someone looking to get others banned for no reason which does you no favours.

The forum gets extra busy and the mods dont have time to be dealing with the added muppetry. If people are stepping out of line, acting the idiot or trolling then expect to be taking a break from the forum till after the fight. Consider that advanced warning and dont bother crying over pm if you get banned for clearly stepping out of line.

So keep it civil, enjoy the build up and the fight and keep the acting the muppet to a minimum so everyone else can enjoy it too..

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

1v0cg.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

bbPmct4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

So how does everybody see the other fights going on this card ?

Am i the only one who thinks Woodley will beat Wonderboy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

TheNap wrote: »

Yes... :P

I have a sinking feeling that this is the end of Joanna's reign..I hope im wrong as she is one of my favorite fighters.

Others of note for me for the W

Romero
    Tate
    Khabib
    Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ufc205

It's Going to awesome :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

ufc205 wrote:
    It's Going to awesome

Awesome respawn..

dashoonage wrote: »

I have a sinking feeling that this is the end of Joanna's reign..I hope im wrong as she is one of my favorite fighters.

Romero
    Tate
    Khabib
    Cowboy.

Romero is interesting . He can finish a fight in a second or else might not be able to throw a punch because of exhaustion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

TheNap wrote: »

I think that's a very hard fight to call.

Woodley seems to be getting written off by a lot of people.

mdwexford wrote: »
    I think that's a very hard fight to call.

Woodley seems to be getting written off by a lot of people.

I'm not writing him off....i just dont want him to win :P

The dude laid out robbie...cant right off a dude who lays out lawler like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The card is just ridiculous all the way through the prelims to the main event. Going to be along night staying up for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm not writing him off....i just dont want him to win :P

The dude laid out robbie...cant right off a dude who lays out lawler like.

Lawler is quite hittable though, Wonderboy is a ghost at times. If Woodley catches him good, there's certainly a chance he could win. I just don't see him hitting the constantly moving target that is Stephen Thompson though.

A comfortable points win for Wonderboy is the most likely outcome in my opinion, but UFC title fights are so unpredictable these days, I definitely wouldn't be putting any money on it.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Lawler is quite hittable though, Wonderboy is a ghost at times. If Woodley catches him good, there's certainly a chance he could win. I just don't see him hitting the constantly moving target that is Stephen Thompson though.

A comfortable points win for Wonderboy is the most likely outcome in my opinion, but UFC title fights are so unpredictable these days, I definitely wouldn't be putting any money on it.

Woodleys wrestling is a lot more explosive than Rorys . I can see him getting him down .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Romero
    Tate
    Khabib
    Cowboy.

have to say the straw weight fight is one of the more interesting ones of the night, crazy enough how two girls from a country like poland are facing off for the title, especially with their history going right back to amateur!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Depp wrote: »
    have to say the straw weight fight is one of the more interesting ones of the night, crazy enough how two girls from a country like poland are facing off for the title, especially with their history going right back to amateur!

Both unbeaten professionally too.

Not seen any good promo's or breakdowns for the Wonderboy Woodley fight,a fascinating clash of style really cant wait for this,having seen Ellenberger clip and drop Wonderboy it worries me that Tyron could land that big right hand.

No injuries on this card yet, I'd say were safe now?

Gamebred wrote:
    Not seen any good promo's or breakdowns for the Wonderboy Woodley fight,a fascinating clash of style really cant wait for this,having seen Ellenberger clip and drop Wonderboy it worries me that Tyron could land that big right hand.

Not really a breakdown but Joe Rogan had a good chat about it with some of his stoner buddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Head Wreck wrote: »

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Shut the hell up, burn an octagon-shaped effigy & say a prayer to the voodoo goddess of MMA, you're gonna put the kibosh on the whole freaking thing! :D

you ****er!

• Advertisement

What have you done?!

Relax lads. 10 days out, were safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Relax lads. 10 days out, were safe!

GET THE PITCHFORKS LADS, THE GODS HAVE MADE THEIR CHOICE.

lotr-best-quote.jpg?w=665&h=647

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

You can almost guarantee there are injuries just not severe enough to force a withdrawal at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

TheTownie wrote: »
    You can almost guarantee there are injuries just not severe enough to force a withdrawal at this point.

Have ye not heard the old tale of Joseph Duffy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Romero
    Tate
    Khabib
    Cowboy.

JJ/KK is the only mismatch on the card. KK has nowhere near the power or volume to hurt Joanna.

• Advertisement

bur wrote: »
    JJ/KK is the only mismatch on the card. KK has nowhere near the power or volume to hurt Joanna.

I'm ok with this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 donddddd

Alright lads,

So I bought 2 floor seat tickets when they came out and now I have found myself out of work. Wondering if anyone is looking for face value floor seats. I have a pair I really need to sell on. Otherwise I am truly screwed. They are the legit hologram tickets and I live in NYC so I could meet in person. Facevalue not an issue. PM me.

Section 8, Row 14, $1506 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

donddddd wrote: »
    Alright lads,
    So I bought 2 floor seat tickets when they came out and now I have found myself out of work. Wondering if anyone is looking for face value floor seats. I have a pair I really need to sell on. Otherwise I am truly screwed. They are the legit hologram tickets and I live in NYC so I could meet in person. Facevalue not an issue. PM me.
    Section 8, Row 14

Is that you Wesley O'Brien?

No but not surprised someone else got too excited and is now in the same boat as me!

No but not surprised someone else got too excited and is now in the same boat as me!

Just go and watch history being made you cant put a price on that you'll be back in work in no time.

• Advertisement

Not exactly that straight forward unfortunately. NYC rent!

Alright lads,
    Section 8, Row 14

Would love for this to be true but I am skeptical

InstantMMA wrote: »
    Alright lads,

Section 8, Row 14, $1506 each

Would love for this to be true but I am skeptical
    Serious man. No bull****. Happy to talk on the phone. Happy to meet in person in a bank. As I say they have the full hologram on them. I am pretty sure I can even transfer them to someone elses name. I would also be open to going there on the night with any buyer and seeing them to the entrance as 100% reassurance. Also can Skype. Open to any and all terms to make any buyer 100% comfortable.
    CAN DIRECT TO THE OFFICAL UFC RESALE LISTING...thing is they take a cut so it will be more money.

Anyone think Woodley will gas chasing Wonderboy around for a few rounds? He's so explosive I think his chances diminish as the fight goesn on and he will begin to gas round 2 or 3, He's never been 5 rounds either where as Wonderboy done it without breaking sweat against Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Gamebred wrote: »
    Anyone think Woodley will gas chasing Wonderboy around for a few rounds? He's so explosive I think his chances diminish as the fight goesn on and he will begin to gas round 2 or 3, He's never been 5 rounds either where as Wonderboy done it without breaking sweat against Rory

Woodley early KO or Thomson late KO/decision.

No guarantee Weidman comes back the same after being mauled by Rockhold he took way way too much punishment from the mount,3 Rounds really suit Yoel here I have him winning.

Serious man. No bull****. Happy to talk on the phone. Happy to meet in person in a bank. As I say they have the full hologram on them. I am pretty sure I can even transfer them to someone elses name. I would also be open to going there on the night with any buyer and seeing them to the entrance as 100% reassurance. Also can Skype. Open to any and all terms to make any buyer 100% comfortable.
    CAN DIRECT TO THE OFFICAL UFC RESALE LISTING...thing is they take a cut so it will be more money.

I'll PM you now

Anyone catch the conference call between McGregor and Alvarez? Usually not a fan of the conference calls at all, really enjoyed this one though.

Lads the weigh in says 6pm on the ticket i assume rocking up around 7 would do to catch the main lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

InstantMMA wrote: »
    Anyone catch the conference call between McGregor and Alvarez? Usually not a fan of the conference calls at all, really enjoyed this one though.

Was interesting alright. The usual hot air from Conor but Alvarez had nothing in return, just nervous sounding laughter. This is going to be some card lads, doubt ill even need the caffeine to keep up for this. Even just the prelims would make an amazing fight night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement