Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 New York 12th November *Confirmed*

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is one sweet card. Can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

:D yep reading that back it is completely ridiculous

Trust me mate, its far from the most ridiculous thing I've seen posted in this forum today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Stranger things have happened far from ridiculous to what has already happened in UFC. Very unlikely yes, Dana wants that fight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

UFC 205: New York City Start Times
    Main Card on Pay-Per-View: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
    Prelims on FOX Sports 1: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT
    Prelims on UFC Fight Pass: TBD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Letree wrote: »
    UFC 205: New York City Start Times
    Main Card on Pay-Per-View: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
    Prelims on FOX Sports 1: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT
    Prelims on UFC Fight Pass: TBD

Can someone confirm that's 10pm new York time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that's 10pm new York time?

ET = Eastern Time

Saipanne wrote: »
    ET = Eastern Time

Yeah so same as Vegas time here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah so same as Vegas time here.
    NewYork time, Vegas time, Dublin time, Sydney time

It's all the same.
    The local time usual matches the regular UFC time slot for PPVs

:D yep reading that back it is completely ridiculous

Its not ridiculous to be honest, I think Aldo would fight him at 170 if it gave him the chance to get revenge :pac: I think Aldo just wants to shut Conor up, if he was fit and got the chance to do that at 155 I think he'd take it.

Mellor wrote: »
    NewYork time, Vegas time, Dublin time, Sydney time

It's all the same.
    The local time usual matches the regular UFC time slot for PPVs

You know what I meant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You know what I meant!
    Knew you got it.
    Was just trying to simplify for anyone thinking it'd be earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Its not ridiculous to be honest, I think Aldo would fight him at 170 if it gave him the chance to get revenge :pac: I think Aldo just wants to shut Conor up, if he was fit and got the chance to do that at 155 I think he'd take it.

Won't be down to Aldo though. The UFC won't give up the potential rematch money that can be made down the line between these two at a weight where there is no belt on the line - people only really want to see a McGregor/Aldo rematch if there's unification on the line imo. Makes no business sense to do it at 155.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Aldo was offered the rematch after RDA pulled out and that was probably at 155.

Deadst4r wrote: »

He turned it down btw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Did he have an interm belt at the time? I don't recall.

SteM wrote: »

Did he have an interm belt at the time? I don't recall.

Nah, he fought Frankie for the interim at 200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyway alverez v mgregor who wins ?

Have not seen much of eddie besides the dos anjos fight. What would be his biggest strengths and weaknesses ?

Hes a likeable guy i did enjoy his hour long interview with ariel in philidelphia

He turned it down btw...

Yeah but he was injured at the time and had his head dribbled off the canvas a few months prior. I think if he was offered the same rematch this time he would take it, but its all guess work and opinion and hopefully Alvarez wont get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Thieving shytes just bumped the prices due to Conor.

Ticket Prices (Do not include fees):
    P1 = $1500
    P2 = $1000
    P3 = $800
    P4 = $600
    P5 = $450
    P6 = $250
    P7 = $100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Fook...what are the chances of P7 or P6 being available in newsletter presale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Aldo likes money and hates Conor. Simple maths. He'd take any fight with Conor regardless of weight or belts. It would be a complete last-resort to do it at 155 in a non-title fight and would only ever happen if Eddie breaks his leg 5 days before the fight.

All that said, if Conor wins, i fully believe Aldo would be prepared to face him at 155lbs in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Anyone not going that has fight club membership have a code to spare? Happy to contribute a few quid to cover some of the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Anyone not going that has fight club membership have a code to spare? Happy to contribute a few quid to cover some of the cost.

im a broke ass

per Dana White on SportsCenter:

"Khabib has requested to fight Michael Johnson on ufc 205"

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Can anyone tell exactly what time Pre sale tickets are available in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads who have booked hotels etc already, any tips? i did i rough costings there for flights hotel 200 dollar ticket and a fight club membership of about 1300

there's a queue for the Presser which stretches on to the street from the Box Office at MSG. Saw a photo of the queue looks about 800 people just queueing for tickets.

I should probably take back my assertion it wouldn't have sold out at the high prices without Conor.... then again they might be there for Conor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads who have booked hotels etc already, any tips? i did i rough costings there for flights hotel 200 dollar ticket and a fight club membership of about 1300

Air B and B surely

Flights from london are £350
    Air B and B £150 (50 each per nite)
    Ticket 150£
    Spending money £350

Do it all for 1k me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Any thoughts on whether 205 will be a one-off, or whether New York might now get 1 or 2 UFC numbered events every year (now that it's legal!).

Just did a check for 2016, and 7 cities got 1 event each and Vegas got 6 events. Would be nice if NYC would get 2 or 3 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Any thoughts on whether 205 will be a one-off, or whether New York might now get 1 or 2 UFC numbered events every year (now that it's legal!).

Just did a check for 2016, and 7 cities got 1 event each and Vegas got 6 events. Would be nice if NYC would get 2 or 3 a year

Yeah they'l get 2-3 numbered events a year and then Fight Nights around upsate NY (Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

All that said, if Conor wins, i fully believe Aldo would be prepared to face him at 155lbs in the future.

How exactly does Aldo magically get a title shot at 155?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

JJayoo wrote: »
    How exactly does Aldo magically get a title shot at 155?

How did mcgregor?

Bearer of good tidings!

Original UFC 205 ticket price options were:

$100
    $200
    $300
    $450
    $600
    $750
    $1250

UFC have updated prices:

$100
    $250
    $450
    $600
    $800
    $1500

So they removed one price bracket and jacked up 3 price brackets - 2 x $50 increase and top bracket by $250.

With fees, the top price is $1,551.18.

(Figures are from the Employee Only Presale on today but are the same prices available later in the week).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

How did mcgregor?

Mostly by making a lot of noise, building up interest around himself, and then selling heaps of ppv's due to people wanting to see him either knocked out or kolnocking out somebody.

I'd love to see how many of the 'new' posters here were aware of who Jose Aldo was before Conor sparked him

cletus wrote: »
    Mostly by making a lot of noise, building up interest around himself, and then selling heaps of ppv's due to people wanting to see him either knocked out or kolnocking out somebody.

I'd love to see how many of the 'new' posters here were aware of who Jose Aldo was before Conor sparked him

Isn't that the whole point?

We all find the sport some time, some how.

It's a brilliant thing that he brings in new fans of the sport and it's a tide that rises all boats. He can only fight 3 or 4 times a year, so a lot of the fans he brings in then go on to learn more about the sport, watch other fights.

It's great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Exactly. You've got guys discussing the intricacies of the ranking system that two years ago couldn't have named five fighters in the weight class. Another reason why McGregor gets that immediate title shot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads is it 4 or 6?

Nothing on Ticketmaster yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

but1er wrote: »
    Lads is it 4 or 6?

Nothing on Ticketmaster yet

Definitely 4 according to Fight Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

cletus wrote: »

I was aware and i agree mcgregor should getbthe shot. Your points stand for aldo moving up to face mcgregor. Mcgregor is the draw and the history is there, an easy sell if you ask me. At either weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dana saying Khabib probably deserved the title shot. I completely disagree.

Khabib has fought once in the last 2 years against a UFC debutant who was game but wasn't fit to have been in the same octagon as him.

In the same time, McGregor has almost single-handedly pushed the UFC onto another level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Paully D wrote: »
    Dana saying Khabib probably deserved the title shot. I completely disagree.

He has to say that I reckon, otherwise it's obvious he just used him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand hide chat

anyone got a youtbue link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wanna do a pool on what time this gets going?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Wanna do a pool on what time this gets going?

Not before 11:15pm would be my guess.

Starts at 11:15, Conor to stroll in at 12:15

I hope that new video is not going to be their new intermission video on Fight Pass all the time now.

The swooshing noise along with the flashing screen is doing my head in already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Im going to go with 11.17

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just so im not wasting my time. Will all the fighters be there answering questions?

Advertisement