Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 New York 12th November *Confirmed*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tinie wrote: »
    Aldo asked for his contract to be terminated after the presser. Oh my

Aaahhh Shhtaaaappp

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/780910988719775744

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo asked for his contract to be terminated after the presser. Oh my

Why?

Surely he knew it wasn't going to be him before today

Did Mark Hunt have his contract cancelled when he asked actually?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Poor Stephens
    Even cowboy was laughing and be despises mcgregor

Be surprised if they let Aldo walk but he would be snapped up pretty quick if it did happen and would strengthen Bellator another bit after the signing of MacDonald.

Can understand his frustration obviously but not a lot he can do if he stays with the UFC

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Great show all round, conor is right atm he is the 4.2 billion

Poor Stephens
    Even cowboy was creasing himself
    And he despises mcgregor

brinty wrote: »
    Poor Stephens
    Even cowboy was laughing and be despises mcgregor

That, Dana moving the can of monster and the little boy belt bits were the highlights for me.

Comedy gold each one

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JohanFr

Just had a quick gawk. Can see mcgregor winning. And im not even a fan. Just my own 2c.

JohanFr wrote: »
    Just had a quick gawk. Can see mcgregor winning. And im not even a fan. Just my own 2c.

Eddie is a handy match up for him, I doubt it goes past 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Eddie is a handy match up for him, I doubt it goes past 1.

Don't get ahead of yourself now. Eddie is no slouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

He got taken apart on the feet by Cowboy, its not an easy fight for Conor but hes going to make mince meat of him on the feet after stuffing a takedown.

Meh, I have said it since Eddie got the belt. He is not all that impressive even if you take away that he gets hit way too much to survive very long with McGregor.

1 round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

here come the ''lifelong eddie fans''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

ASOT wrote: »
    He got taken apart on the feet by Cowboy, its not an easy fight for Conor but hes going to make mince meat of him on the feet after stuffing a takedown.

Agreed

wonder will pp have odds for mark henry starting on conor/jk at some stage during the run in to this fight? :D:D

Depp wrote: »

They would be doing well to make a compelling case for him given I am a "hater" apparently and can see nothing but a handy nights work for Conor.

Leaving that aside, is it not ok for someone else to have an opposing view? You can disagree with someone without always looking to mock them.

Of course you will get a contingent who will go against Conor at every opportunity, much like you will get people who will be with him no matter what he does, that won't be helped.

I prefer to look at it on a fight by fight basis, this is a handy nights work for Conor, huge opportunity to make history and hold two belts at the same time in the UFC, but if someone else wants to give Eddie a good shot at beating him, so be it. We don't have that long to wait thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

CtZd7MvVIAENbXa.jpg

He's got a punchers chance but that's about it
    When rda demolished Nate I thought he was on the juice,even more so when he beat Pettis,but when Eddie beat Rda RDA was less cut so wasn't walking through shots as easily and an overhand beat him
    Conor is longer leaner and hits hard so will keep Eddie at range and crack him coming in on the overhand
    As the man says
    Timing beats speed and precision beats power

They would be doing well to make a compelling case for him given I am a "hater" apparently and can see nothing but a handy nights work for Conor.

Leaving that aside, is it not ok for someone else to have an opposing view? You can disagree with someone without always looking to mock them.

Of course you will get a contingent who will go against Conor at every opportunity, much like you will get people who will be with him no matter what he does, that won't be helped.

I prefer to look at it on a fight by fight basis, this is a handy nights work for Conor, huge opportunity to make history and hold two belts at the same time in the UFC, but if someone else wants to give Eddie a good shot at beating him, so be it. We don't have that long to wait thankfully.

Spot on, especially with some of the upsets that have happened this year alone everyone has a chance in the fight game, but as you said it looks like an easy night for Conor on paper.

• Advertisement

not calling anyone out on here but we all know theres a good chunk of people who gave eddie no chance whatsoever against rda but are going to spend the next 6 weeks finding every opportunity to tell us how great he is, call me a fanboy or whatever if you want I'm just sick of seeing the same bullsh!t from the same people every time McGregor fights, its sad as fuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Eddie's no slouch alright but he is an easier match up for Conor I feel than some of the guys lining up behind him. If Eddie wasn't lying in that he's not planning to wrestle n grind he's Ko'd in 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Depp wrote: »

You are adding nothing to the discussion with this sort of nonsense and you are just trying to provoke a reaction. People are allowed have an opinion or be a fan of whoever they choose without you deciding if they are or aren't. Give it a rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Eddie's no slouch alright but he is an easier match up for Conor I feel than some of the guys lining up behind him. If Eddie wasn't lying in that he's not planning to wrestle n grind he's Ko'd in 1

I'd still favour McGregor in this fight but I don't expect it to be a round 1 ko, I can see Eddie landing at least one takedown as he will surely spam them otherwise he will get picked apart on the feet you would imagine. And I hope McGregor is patient like the Diaz second fight.

Conor threw a few knees in the last fight I remember, so I guess he will be working more in them for countering the takedowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JohanFr

Mcg to keep him at arms length - rd 1.

Half way through rd2 a big shot and alvarez goed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Just looking at the lightweight rankings, Eddie is def one of the easier matchups for Conor, arguably 1-7 are all tougher imo

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If Khabib and Conor both win.

Mother of God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Press conference was gold, card will be sick.

Alvarez is no mug and anyone who's beaten Melendez, Pettis and RDA their last three fights deserves respect.

Hard to see him taking Conor down and keeping him there for five rounds without getting tagged though. Hopefully Conor can time some shots early and make short work of him but anything can happen in this game.

I think the Woodley v Wonderboy and Weidman v Romero are very tough to call.

Faugheen wrote:
    If Khabib doesn't break a nail and be out of action for another year...

Mother of God.

Fyp
    Am I doing it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

mdwexford wrote: »
    Press conference was gold, card will be sick.

Alvarez is no mug and anyone who's beaten Melendez, Pettis and RDA their last three fights deserves respect.

Hard to see him taking Conor down and keeping him there for five rounds without getting tagged though. Hopefully Conor can time some shots early and make short work of him but anything can happen in this game.

Strange post considering...
    mdwexford wrote: »
    The Khabib outrage everywhere is hilarious.

Guy has one relevant win in his career which was two and a half years ago.
    He's constantly injured and has been decisioning average fighters in the UFC. His last fight he beat an absolute nobody.

If you want to really get into it, Conor has a recent win over the number five guy in the division.

Nothing like a McGregor fight to get the droolers going on Facebook.

Conor also has a recent loss over the #4 guy who used to be the #5 guy you are talking about but he moved up in the rankings even though he lost because that's the UFC rankings they are terrible. :D

I'm not here to tell ya Khabib is invincible or anything but he certainly isn't a mug either you're criticizing him but then giving props to Eddie seems BS to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Here's what a nosebleeder seat for ufc look like 106 dollars according the layout from fight club. Pretty bad even for nosebleeder!ilzib9.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Here's what a nosebleeder seat for ufc look like 106 dollars according the layout from fight club. Pretty bad even for nosebleeder!ilzib9.png

I've sat in those seats high up over to the right of that picture and honestly I'd find it hard to believe there's a bad seat in the place. Obviously you're not gona be touching the fighters but most events you end up watching the fight on the big screen anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Conor was in great form, destroyed Stephens and Eddie..... You can tell Cowboy and Frankie learned their lessons from Go Big presser last year, they didn't even dare get into it properly with Conor.

Anyone else think Karolina is pretty hot? I was converted when i saw her Embedded stuff she seems down to earth too.

Conor was in great form, destroyed Stephens and Eddie..... You can tell Cowboy and Frankie learned their lessons from Go Big presser last year, they didn't even dare get into it properly with Conor.

Anyone else think Karolina is pretty hot? I was converted when i saw her Embedded stuff she seems down to earth too.

ah cowboy gave it a go at one stage but he got shot down quick enough

for anyone that missed it! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Here's another camera angle of the Stephens burn.

Any body language experts know what rapid feet trashing while looking at someone and smiling suggests?

I'm thinking it means that Dee might have some competition :p

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/780953406605299713

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Every one of Joannas stare-downs you're never sure if she's about to headbutt or kiss her opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Sat in the 300s facing the side of the court for a knicks game and the view was savage! Honestly don't think there's a bad seat in the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

73088s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Aer Lingus are paying attention anyway.

Booked my flight for €479 a few months back. When the McGregor speculation ramped up a few weeks ago their prices went up to €600. When Dana denied it and said Khabib was getting the shot they dropped back to €480.

This morning, €604!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Aer Lingus are paying attention anyway.

Booked my flight for €479 a few months back. When the McGregor speculation ramped up a few weeks ago their prices went up to €600. When Dana denied it and said Khabib was getting the shot they dropped back to €480.

This morning, €604!

Loads of flights still there for 409, out the friday back sunday is what im loooking at due to having **** all holidays in work.

Dublin to Toronto onto LGA with a 1hr layover, then direct back from Newark to Dublin is 409. Back 7am monday then possibly striaght to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm back into Dublin at about 5am on Monday. Getting the bus from the airport up to Derry and going straight to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Jeremy Stephens might never recover from that, unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The guy who called out Eddie Alvarez on 5 round fights :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jeremy Stephens might never recover from that, unreal.

Let's not kid ourselves. If he KOs Edgar he'd be straight into the title mix at 145lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've been to msg there isn't a bad seat in the house. T-mobile arena was the same great views everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm back into Dublin at about 5am on Monday. Getting the bus from the airport up to Derry and going straight to work.

I feel ill just thinking of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The package im looking at has me out of shannon at 9am on friday and back into shannon at 6:10am on monday. it went up 200 euro overnight!!!! Reluctant to book until i get a ticket later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I had diaz twice.

Eddie, as someone said, will.need to wrestle mcgregor. Whether he can get him down is another story. Mcgregor TD was good in the clinch against diaz.

Cerrone easily slapped alvarez around. Mcgregor can probably easily use range and movement. Like diaz 1 , hopefully he doesnt punch himself out looking for ko

callaway92 wrote: »
    Let's not kid ourselves. If he KOs Edgar he'd be straight into the title mix at 145lbs

Stephens would in his arse KO Frankie, and he'll not be in the title mix because the guy is rarely if ever on weight at 146 never mind getting to 145, he looked almost two weight classes up on frankie in the staredowns, so lets see if he makes weight for 205 before we make those kinds of lciams

• Advertisement

Lucky i live beside the airport, home for a quick shower then striaght into work but **** it.

Advertisement