Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 New York 12th November *Confirmed*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭simon500

Number 1 contender than number 2, 3, 4, 5 ........ Why was McGregor obssesed with the rematch with Nate not giving one to Aldo at same time...?????? CIRCUS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

It's like every second week it alternates between a new McGregor basher and a new McGregor nuthugger. Would you be bothered wasting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

simon500 wrote: »
    Number 1 contender than number 2, 3, 4, 5 ........ Why was McGregor obssesed with the rematch with Nate not giving one to Aldo at same time...?????? CIRCUS

No. 2 & 3 already have a fight scheduled, 4 & 5 are both coming off losses, and number 1 hasnt fought a top 15 fighter in over two years and is coming off a lackluster win over the 74th ranked fighter in the division. so they all are ahead in the pecking order of the guy who just beat no.4? once again, good logic!

what did you think when frankie edgar got an immediate title shot when he first moved down to 145? did he deserve it then?

Dana promised Aldo a rematch and promised Khabib title shot. He also said McGregor going to have to defend the FW belt or he will take the belt of him. Prove you are a champion and than fight for another belt.

Dana promised Aldo a rematch and promised Khabib title shot. He also said McGregor going to have to defend the FW belt or he will take the belt of him. Prove you are a champion and than fight for another belt.

so your entire arguement is based on dana not keeping to his word? welcome to the ufc buddy

Depp wrote: »
    No. 2 & 3 already have a fight scheduled, 4 & 5 are both coming off losses, and number 1 hasnt fought a top 15 fighter in over two years and is coming off a lackluster win over the 74th ranked fighter in the division. so they all are ahead in the pecking order of the guy who just beat no.4? once again, good logic!

what did you think when frankie edgar got an immediate title shot when he first moved down to 145? did he deserve it then?

Frankie defended his belt first!!!

Frankie defended his belt first!!!

*lost

so who deserves the 155 shot then? 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 or 15 maybe?

*lost

so who deserves the 155 shot then? 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 or 15 maybe?

Number 1 contender who is undefeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

simon500 wrote:

Who the champion chose not to face
    Took mcgregor instead
    At his old pay rate...

So Alvarez is to blame

coming off a poor win against the 74th ranked guy after two years out, needs to beat a top guy before hes earned it on merit.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Who the champion chose not to face
    Took mcgregor instead
    At his old pay rate...

So Alvarez is to blame

Alvarez had nothing to say. Conor is the one making decisions.
    Lets get rid of rankings and let the guy who has bigger mouth fight another trashtalker and call it UFC-WWE-KFC

Lets get rid of rankings and let the guy who has bigger mouth fight another trashtalker and call it UFC-WWE-KFC

conspiracy theories. alvarez had two contracts, one for khabib, one for mcgregor, he signed the one for mcgregor, therefore it was his decision.

simon500 wrote:
    Alvarez had nothing to say. Conor is the one making decisions. Lets get rid of rankings and let the guy who has bigger mouth fight another trashtalker and call it UFC-WWE-KFC

So Conor made Alvarez's decision fur Alvarez
    Are you for real

If Conor gets the belt and if hes gonna do what he said its going to be absolute mess:
    "I"already beat Max, that doesn’t excite me"
    "I KO’d Aldo in 13 seconds, that doesn’t excite me"
    "Frankie had his chance, but couldn’t beat Aldo. that doesn’t excite me."
    "Khabib is just a grappler, that doesn’t excite me."
    "RDA had his chance to fight me, but pulled out with a bruised foot."
    "beg me"
    Is this what you guys want???

Conor's dodging Khabib, Conor's Dodging Aldo, Alvarez is dodging Khabib, Conor's in the mma illuminati, get your story straight at least...

If Conor gets the belt and if hes gonna do what he said its going to be absolute mess:
    "I"already beat Max, that doesn’t excite me"
    "I KO’d Aldo in 13 seconds, that doesn’t excite me"
    "Frankie had his chance, but couldn’t beat Aldo. that doesn’t excite me."
    "RDA had his chance to fight me, but pulled out with a bruised foot."
    "beg me"
    Is this what you guys want???

so he's gonna fight no-one? get real, please.

simon500 wrote:
    If Conor gets the belt and if hes gonna do what he said its going to be absolute mess: "I"already beat Max, that doesn’t excite me" "I KO’d Aldo in 13 seconds, that doesn’t excite me" "Frankie had his chance, but couldn’t beat Aldo. that doesn’t excite me." "Khabib is just a grappler, that doesn’t excite me." "RDA had his chance to fight me, but pulled out with a bruised foot." "beg me" Is this what you guys want???

Yawwwwwnnnnnn
    You're boring me now

In the words of a great man....
    Who the duck is that....

so he's gonna fight no-one? get real, please.

that is what Conor said, not me and it is real

brinty wrote: »
    Yawwwwwnnnnnn
    You're boring me now

In the words of a great man....
    Who the duck is that....
    sorry for being boring:)

• Advertisement

that is what Conor said, not me and it is real

so he said he's going to win the 155 title and just sit in his house with both belts and never take a fight again? can I get a link to this?

so he said he's going to win the 155 title and just sit in his house with both belts and never take a fight again? can I get a link to this?

watch hte press conference

watched it live, he never said he was going to be turning down all fights after winning essentially retiring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

He also said he runs New York and could buy & sell Philly amongst a whole pile of other **** to steal the show.

Is it really beyond your comprehension that maybe some of it is **** talk to get under some people's skin?

Edit: also when did he dismiss Khabib at the press conference?

bobmalooka wrote: »
    He also said he runs New York and could buy & sell Philly amongst a whole pile of other **** to steal the show.

Is it really beyond your comprehension that maybe some of it is **** talk to get under some people's skin?

Edit: also when did he dismiss Khabib at the press conference?

nah everything he said at the presser was literal...he's the actual Mayor now

• Advertisement

in other news the ufc have partnered with blackwater, the partnership begins on the 13th of november 2016

At least you can't accuse him of dodging the army

Where in the press conference did he utter the words about Khabib that you quoted?

Where in the press conference did he utter the words about Khabib that you quoted?

read my post again

Dont get me wrong. Conor earned his chance to fight for the belt in FW division. I agree with it. Aldo as a long time champion deserved the immediate rematch. Do you agree wit this? Conor got his rematch with Nate? Was that right at that time?

Dont get me wrong. Conor earned his chance to fight for the belt in FW division. I agree with it. Aldo as a long time champion deserved the immediate rematch. Do you agree wit this? Conor got his rematch with Nate? Was that right at that time?

under other circumstances maybe like a 5 round split decision or an early finish, but a 13 second ko doesnt warrant an immediate rematch by any measure

was the nate rematch right? doesn't really matter as its in the past and he won it

• Advertisement

under other circumstances maybe like a 5 round split decision or an early finish, but a 13 second ko doesnt warrant an immediate rematch by any measure

was the nate rematch right? doesn't really matter as its in the past and he won it

Aldo defended his belt 9 times! Was not picking opponents. That doesnt warrant a rematch in your opinion? Conor was submitted in the second rd by Nate. Got a rematch straight away.

13s KO is in the past also

anyway, its been a pleasure talking to you

Aldo defended his belt 9 times! Was not picking opponents. That doesnt warrant a rematch in your opinion? Conor was submitted in the second rd by Nate. Got a rematch straight away.

13s KO is in the past also

*7 times. Conor got his rematch and whether it was right or not, aldo did not, its not possible to retroactively give him an immediate rematch as both he and conor have fought since, I cant quite figure out what point you're trying to make?

if you read previous posts you will find out. time for bed. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In his defence he didn't say he would never fight again, just that nobody had anything for him really, he mentioned something about dragging Floyd Mayweather out of bed or something :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

read my post again

I did, I still have no recollection of McGregor saying what you've attributed to him.

if you read previous posts you will find out. time for bed. cheers

look, noones saying you have to be a mcgregor fan, but fi your only going to come on to make thinly veiled shots either admit your dislike or get better at disguising it.

look, noones saying you have to be a mcgregor fan, but fi your only going to come on to make thinly veiled shots either admit your dislike or get better at disguising it.
    I am a fan of McGregor. He is great fighter, excelent striker in my honest opinion. But Im a fan of mma not WWE. Would like to see the sport the way it used to be not as an entertaining bussines. Thats it.
    I dont want to accuse anyone. BTW: McGregor 3nd round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Has it been discussed yet or do we know what time Irish time the main card will start?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

3am same as always

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    3am same as always

Feck sake. That's bull****.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Feck sake. That's bull****.

:confused: Why - its the usual time it would be on for PPV reasons.

UFC 205: New York City Start Times
    Main Card on Pay-Per-View: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
    Prelims on FOX Sports 1: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT
    Prelims on UFC Fight Pass: TBD

Axwell wrote: »
    :confused: Why - its the usual time it would be on for PPV reasons.

UFC 205: New York City Start Times
    Main Card on Pay-Per-View: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
    Prelims on FOX Sports 1: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT
    Prelims on UFC Fight Pass: TBD

Just thought as its on the East coast we would get it 3 hours earlier. 3 am is such a pain to wait until but has to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They like to keep a consistent time

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Im not saying that Conor doesnt deserve a title shot at all but he needs to fight 1 or 2 top 5 oponnent first.
    Every incumbent champion, who is willing to fight for anther title gets an immediate title shot.
    It's always been that way. Everyone gets that opportunity, most champs just talked about it. McGregor is the first guy to act on it in a long time.
    Picking and choosing smaller strikers that are not at his striking level. He will never fight Nurmagomedov!!!
    When RDA had the belt he was fighting RDA.
    Now Alvarez has the belt, so it's Alverez. This is really simple.

Eddie has the belt, Conor didn't pick him to become champ.
    Aldo deserves a rematch with McGregor 10 times more than McGregor deserves to fight for a LW belt. Aldo gave McGregor a chance to fight for the belt. He did not pick opponents and as a long time champion he deserves more respect.
    Aldo was offered a shot at the 155 belt when he was champ too. He didn't take it.
    Aldo defended his belt 9 times! Was not picking opponents. That doesnt warrant a rematch in your opinion?
    Aldo is next at 145. Nobody is skipping him.
    Eddie isn't fighting for the 145 belt.
    Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Just thought as its on the East coast we would get it 3 hours earlier. 3 am is such a pain to wait until but has to be done.

It's the first event in NewYork, not the first event on the East coast. same as every other east coast event

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Khabib vs Nate and Conor vs Nate. Look at the difference.

The difference being Conor fought him fought him in the two biggest events in history while Khabib fought him in the stands at a WSOF event.

I agree, there's a big difference.

wonder will pp have odds for mark henry starting on conor/jk at some stage during the run in to this fight? :D:D

https://twitter.com/SevereMMA/status/781325646794518528

called it! :D really didnt see this one coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mellor wrote: »
    Aldo was offered a shot at the 155 belt when he was champ too. He didn't take it.

In all fairness this isnt really true. He was told he could have a shot at 155 but he had to give up his belt first. Conor is being offered the shot and being allowed to keep his 145 belt.

Now you can argue Conor deserves the latitude of course.....but lets not pretend this is normal. It's not. Conor gets special treatment not afforded to any other fighter past or present. Nobody has been allowed move weight classes as the champ unless they gave up their belt first. Until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Kirby wrote: »
    In all fairness this isnt really true. He was told he could have a shot at 155 but he had to give up his belt first. Conor is being offered the shot and being allowed to keep his 145 belt.

Now you can argue Conor deserves the latitude of course.....but lets not pretend this is normal. It's not. Conor gets special treatment not afforded to any other fighter past or present. Nobody has been allowed move weight classes as the champ unless they gave up their belt first. Until now.

BJ Penn kept his lightweight belt while going for the Welterweight title. Went back and defended it twice after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Kirby wrote: »
    They were concerned that Aldo holding two titles would mean less frequent defences. Which is no matter who the champs, including Conor.

Regardless, did Aldo turn around and say
    "I'm keeping my belt, I've cleared the division, I'm fighting Pettis next. Book the fight."

If he did, there's zero chance that the UFC turn down the prospect of a superfight.
    That is incorrect. As above, BJ Penn, the only incumbent champ to move to and challenge for a title keep his belt.
    The only time it has happened, the challenger kept his belt.

If GSP wanted a shot at Silva, Silva a shot at Jones, or Jones a shot as the HW belt. They would have waltz into those fights, belt intact too.

Advertisement