Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on replacing garmin 205

Options
  • 15-04-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

hi my garmin has given up on me, the battery wont hold a charge for any length. what is the current equivalent of the 205 model as I would be happy enough to stay with that level of tech.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Garmin have dropped the pure running only watch in the lineup and enabled more sports in the newer watches. Probably the closest you'll get now is the FR230, though you may pick up some of the older FR110 or FR210 which would probably suffice.

Also worth considering that there is an ebay guy (Canadian I think) who replaces the watch batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The 310xt / 910xt family is probably closest to the original 205. You'd get one pretty cheap on the 2nd hand market. I have a 910xt myself that's been unused since I got my Fenix3. Keep meaning to sell it on...

The 310xt / 910xt family is probably closest to the original 205. You'd get one pretty cheap on the 2nd hand market. I have a 910xt myself that's been unused since I got my Fenix3. Keep meaning to sell it on...

Enough bait on that hook KC? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

thanks for the replies

pm sent krusty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

sconhome wrote: »
    Enough bait on that hook KC? :D
    Haha. That wasn't 'entirely' my intention. But it's been sitting boxed up for ages. I think I may have an emotional attachment to it.
    It's done more miles than most triathlete's bikes!

• Advertisement

Sorry not to cut across the deal being done but worth pining this seller link in the megathread maybe http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GARMIN-Forerunner-305-Battery-Replacement-Battery-Labor-Included-/321169365987?hash=item4ac72f9be3:g:6TIAAOSweW5VN69E

Heard nothing but good about this service.

Advertisement