Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get a man with a van or taxi to move today

Options
  • 15-04-2016 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys does anyone know anyone who can help me move apartment today ?.

I tried all the man with vans and taxi with mini bus and they all seem to be to busy to help me move today :(. So where do i go otherwise i have to carry everything with me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I tried all the man with vans and taxi with mini bus and they all seem to be to busy to help me move today :(. So where do i go otherwise i have to carry everything with me :(

Have you a full license? Renting a car or van could be an option if you do. Probably cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Epicbutterfly

What part of cork? Did you call prior to moving? Any frien you could call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

City centre, only have a perv license so renting was a no :(. Friends all don't drive as well sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How far are you moving? From where too where?

Its about 1.5KM and its me and the housemates stuff we have it all sitting here going where do we start as if we have to carry we dead ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

City centre, only have a perv license
    Nicely done!

I used to live in Cork. There's a lot of Taxi companies that would defiantly do a few return trips unless your moving a lot of breakables, then I'm sure they won't accept liability

I used to live in Cork. There's a lot of Taxi companies that would defiantly do a few return trips unless your moving a lot of breakables, then I'm sure they won't accept liability

Have tried them all they all told me to busy to give us the mini bus. :rolleyes:

Have tried them all they all told me to busy to give us the mini bus. :rolleyes:

A few return trips in a car wouldn't have to be a mini bus.. I would stand outside your current residence and try hail a passing taxi man or Hackney and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have you tried Cork Taxi Co-op of DJ cabs...

If tis any good and ye aren't moving too far I have a small jeep I mean like small jimny jeep. I finish at 5.30 if I can be of any help let me know..

Just moved myself so I feel your pain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

We were moving last year and our guy we had booked for a week cancelled 10 minutes before he was meant to show up!

We eventually got a guy called Vacho from GXG and he was excellent, very reasonable as we were moving about the same distance as you. They do Ikea trips, so I don't know if he's around every day, but worth a shot if you haven't tried him. He's on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/gxg.delivery/?fref=ps_result.

In the end I done the wild thing of 4 trips with bags full every time. Only have a TV, nespresso and a blanket to bring and I am done.
    P
    Never again will I move like this ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

All sorted in the end then... Pain in the ass but sure maybe twas meant to be or something..Go plug in the nespresso and have a well deserved coffee.. Happy New Gaff to ye

Advertisement