Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbest and import customs

Options
  • 15-04-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently splashed out on a joytech cuboid, some liquid and some 18650 batteries.

While checking on the delivery status, I see its landed in ireland but now not sure if it's allowed to post liquid or batteries to ireland.

Does anybody have experience with this, and as the items all came in the one package is there a chance they won't deliver my cuboid?

If there's no issues I'll prob by quite a bit more of them in the future.

Cheers
    Niallu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

When did you order? just wondering on time frames for them lately

If customs do open it up, worst that will happen I imagine, is you will be hit for excise charges, which can be 20%+ of the total value. Making it not so cheap as you thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭niallu

When did you order? just wondering on time frames for them lately

If customs do open it up, worst that will happen I imagine, is you will be hit for excise charges, which can be 20%+ of the total value. Making it not so cheap as you thought.

Not so bad actually, ordered it from their EU site on 5th April and it's landed in Dublin already (well here since 13th so would be a nice surprise if there when I get home from work).

Presume I'll be able to avoid customs tax wise when it's shipped from within europe.

Just couldn't remember if I read something on here about issues posting liquids with an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

If everything in the order is from within EU you'll be fine. if even one item is from China, knowing Irish customs, they'd hit you for the lot

Advertisement