Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tue Apr 19th Colmcilles 8.30pm Vs O'Dwyerski

• 15-04-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

And so, the Boards Football Team is relaunched.
    Last year we sat out the winter league, our first break in nine years. But we're back with a new manager and some great new players. The last incarnation of the team won two league titles so that is the bar we are setting for ourselves. It might take a bit of time to get there but that's where we're aiming.

Our first game back is against our long-time rival - the Fabulous Benedictine Monks. Here's our first squad of the season.

Craig - In
    Barry - In
    Kieran - In
    Ally - In

Guillermo
    John - In
    Ronan - In
    Darren - In

Paul - Out
    Derek- In
    Ken - In
    Ste - In
    Damo - In
    Cillian - In
    Gianni - In
    Mark - In

Player Count: 14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Good luck with everything lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Damo was telling me about the relaunch. Great news, best of luck lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dfx- wrote: »
    Damo was telling me about the relaunch. Great news, best of luck lads.

you coming up to watch?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Won't make it tonight, but can probably get to the next Colmcilles game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Opposition changed to O'Dwyerski
    2-0 loss

They were a very good team and we saw little of the ball. We defended well and their first goal was fortunate in the end. We improved in the second half and began seeing more of the ball and had a few chances.
    With a largely new team, I'd be happy with the overall performance against a top team. We won't play their class every week and I think we'll do well when we get more of the ball and we see what we can do going forward.
    Thanks to everyone for coming up and the effort put in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Unlucky lads, O'Dywerski have been a top team around the astro league for a long time.

Advertisement