Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Euro 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bit of a joke there really. It was a De Bruyne assist. No question about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

callaway92 wrote: »
    Bit of a joke there really. It was a De Bruyne assist. No question about it.

We're just used to it is all, to be honest DeBruyne had nothing to do with creating the scoring chance, it's the one thing from this competition that FPL could learn from but it would cause massive consternation, we've fellas getting assists and bonus points for miskicks, balls flying off their arses etc.
    I realise this cannot change really but it's not the worst idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We're just used to it is all, to be honest DeBruyne had nothing to do with creating the scoring chance, it's the one thing from this competition that FPL could learn from but it would cause massive consternation, we've fellas getting assists and bonus points for miskicks, balls flying off their arses etc.
    I realise this cannot change really but it's not the worst idea.

Yeh its actually more sensible really as the player has to create the chance rather than just happen to pass it sideways to someone who goes and does something special. A couple of years ago there was a bit of chatter about getting FPL to try implement something similar. The problem with it is that it comes down to someones opinion which is always going to cause issues whereas the FPL method is fair as its a lot less likely that there will be differences of opinion as to what constitutes an assist.

Dier the last roll of the dice! Hoping for a CS and a cheeky free kick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Raging that KDB didn't get given that second assist. Stupid Uefa site with its stupid rules.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Dier the last roll of the dice! Hoping for a CS and a cheeky free kick!

Well thats dire. This round has been an absolute nightmare.

Well thats dire. This round game has been an absolute nightmare.

FYP

Wildcard played. Fingers crossed it saves the tourney!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Is it possible to replace players / change captain after poland vs portugal ?

bezuaua wrote: »
    Is it possible to replace players / change captain after poland vs portugal ?

Yep subs and captain changes like normal.

• Advertisement

Tempted to quickly throw in Sanches!

Tempted to quickly throw in Sanches!

I'm debating whether to as well. Think it will be a very close game and would fancy Poland to progress so will probably go without.

And there's the Sanches goal. He looks some player and still only 18.

Bugger.

And there's the Sanches goal. He looks some player and still only 18.

Good player to watch moving the ball forward seems to be something a lot of players have forgotten about but as soon as he is on the ball he's looking to go forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote:
    Good player to watch moving the ball forward seems to be something a lot of players have forgotten about but as soon as he is on the ball he's looking to go forward.

I had the little whipper snapper as captain tonight. Great performance from the youngster. Ronaldo was useless.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I had the little whipper snapper as captain tonight. Great performance from the youngster. Ronaldo was useless.

Nicely done. I unfortunately fell into the Ronaldo trap.

After butchering my FPL wc my euro one has gone the same. Fing Draxler.

I know yeah brought him in on WC myself. Ever since that captain Dragovic red card in matchday one, I've regretted playing this pile of sh*te!

Captain Ozil lovely.

• Advertisement

Captain Ozil lovely.

Hector for me. Can we end it now?

Hector for me. Can we end it now?

Is that an assist for Hector?

What the hell was Boateng doing with his arms that high up?

Sigh.

Fecking Boateng.

Did Giroud get a touch on that ball through for Griezmann's goal? Picked him as captain over Griezmann :(

callaway92 wrote:
    Did Giroud get a touch on that ball through for Griezmann's goal? Picked him as captain over Griezmann

Yea he did according to fotmob. Did the lad in 2nd in the €20 league forget to make his subs or is it just the crap website not updating? He has 4 French lads on good scores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Triple France defence.
    Time to give up on this game I think.

Double for me too. Pog, Payet and Giroud (c) so can't complain though. Good to finally get some points this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Yea he did according to fotmob. Did the lad in 2nd in the €20 league forget to make his subs or is it just the crap website not updating? He has 4 French lads on good scores.

That'd be me. Forgot to make subs. Pogba, Payet, Matuidi and Lloris stuck on my bench now. Oops! :o

Crumbs wrote:
    That'd be me. Forgot to make subs. Pogba, Payet, Matuidi and Lloris stuck on my bench now. Oops!

Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I very nearly stuck the captaincy on Sagna, but thankfully I went with Payet instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

Yep. A net loss of 18 points but only myself to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tonight couldn't have gone much better for me. I brought in Rui Patricio in goal as well as two Portuguese defenders. I also brought in Nani for Bale and made Ronaldo my captain. I'm hoping for big gains tonight.

Be interesting to see. You would think anyone still playing racked up a decent score tonight good few on FFS with 4 Portugal defenders and Ronaldo (c) hopefully that isn't too widespread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Forgot to click confirm on my Ronaldo captain! Doh!

No third place playoff it seems.
    I've a very small lead in the pay league, my triple Portugal defence making the difference,

Nope not for this. Shame would have been good to have the extra match. If they were going to copy an old world cup format may as well have kept the play off! Give Wales a short at 3rd place lads come on!

No third place playoff it seems.
    I've a very small lead in the pay league, my triple Portugal defence making the difference,

Portuguese defence was a good call. I'm hoping ze German defenders do the business for me tonight to erase your lead - I have Neuer, Hoewdes and Hector. We have a lot of the same players, I think Ozil vs Goetze is the only other difference.

Portuguese defence was a good call. I'm hoping ze German defenders do the business for me tonight to erase your lead - I have Neuer, Hoewdes and Hector. We have a lot of the same players, I think Ozil vs Goetze is the only other difference.

Thinking of captaining hector? Bad idea?

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »

A clean sheet is hard to see, I've gone without German defenders as I didn't have any beforehand anyway.
    Assuming you have Griezman he's the one I see potentially matching Ronaldo, who is on penalties for France?

A clean sheet is hard to see, I've gone without German defenders as I didn't have any beforehand anyway.
    Assuming you have Griezman he's the one I see potentially matching Ronaldo, who is on penalties for France?

Unlikely but if anyone can stop France it would be Germany. Yea I think it's Griezmann, he takes them for Atletico anyway and he's on fire so I dont see any reason why he wouldn't be their first choice.
    Not a bad idea depends on whether you're chasing or not. Griezmann will be the popular choice.

Left Sagna on the bench. My hatred for this game just increases by the day.

Wha an awful awful week

Did Pogba get an assist for Griezmann's second?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Did Pogba get an assist for Griezmann's second?

No, he didn't get one.

No, he didn't get one.

Perfect

13 point lead in the pay league going into the final game, I may choose the entire French back 5 as I see this finishing 3 or 4 nil, no chance of Portugal keeping a clean sheet.
    Good luck to my chasers.

13 point lead in the pay league going into the final game, I may choose the entire French back 5 as I see this finishing 3 or 4 nil, no chance of Portugal keeping a clean sheet.
    Good luck to my chasers.

Dam was hoping doing that could get me back in it! To win I'll have to really the roll the dice maybe I'll go 4 portugese at the back.

13 point lead in the pay league going into the final game, I may choose the entire French back 5 as I see this finishing 3 or 4 nil, no chance of Portugal keeping a clean sheet. Good luck to my chasers.

I'll be doing the same as I'm first in another league and I don't really see any way of catching so well done, you've won it unless there's a Portuguese upset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement