Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Damn, so close. I'm actually impressed at how close that was. Ya put up a good fight, my furry friend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bloody superman! The blue furball should have went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's another extremely close contest but Superman leaves Beast black and blue (;)) to to make the quarter-finals with a 4-3 win.

We are now approaching the half-way point of this round. The next tie will be the last one I'll do tonight (I'll look to do the rest of the ties Sunday afternoon).

So then, last tie of this evening features another X-Men vs Justice League bout...

Professor X

250px-Xav-lopr.png

VS

Martian Manhunter

162px-MartianManhunterRossAlex.jpg

It's the founder of the X-Men, Charles Xavier aka Professor X, versus one of the original Justice League members J'onn J'onzz aka Martian Manhunter.

Who deserves to reach the quarter-finals? First to four votes takes the glory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Professor X, without a doubt.

There's already too many DC characters through this round. Marvel haven't even got a look in yet. And yeah, I'm still bitter about Beast. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭sonic85

Think I'll go for Professor X here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MM for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Professor X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Prof x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Professor X no contest really

Professor X proves too powerful for Martian Manhunter and this time it's the X-Men representative that takes out the Justice League member.

I teased a huge clash was coming up this round and now here it is. We are guaranteed a huge casualty here in this all-Marvel face-off.

Iron Man

250px-Iron_Man_bleeding_edge.jpg

VS

Spider-Man

250px-Spiderman50.jpg

It's a mighty Marvel scrap here as two great intellects collide. It's Tony Stark's alter ego Iron Man versus Peter Parker's alter ego, your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.

Which hero reaches the last 8? First to 4 votes will take the tie.

• Advertisement

Spiderman Spiderman friendly neighborhood Spider-Man

Awwww why did you do this to me?! I love both and it's next to impossible for me to separate them.

I prefer the villains Spidey has to face so he gets my vote - Spiderman

Ah it's a tough one. I think it has to be Spider-Man though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's bye bye Spidey, Iron Man FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Iron Man!

Spiderman

A very exciting tie there which at one stage Spider-Man looked like winning comfortably before a fightback from Iron Man. It is the web-slinger that swings into the quarter-finals though with a 4-2 win.

Next up we have a tie which could very well be another close contest.

Hellboy

250px-Hellboy_The_Wolves_of_St_August.jpg

VS

Daredevil

250px-Daredevil_65.jpg

It's the demon versus the devil here as Hellboy faces off against Matt Murdoch's alter ego.

Who deserves the spot in the quarter-finals? Vote now.

Ah, another really tough one. As much as I love Hellboy, I think I'll have to go with Daredevil for the reasons I gave in Round 1 - as a blind superhero, he's been a real role model for kids with disabilities, which makes him even more super in my eyes. Vote for Daredevil.

Hellboy

Love Hellboy but Daredevil sneaks this one for me

• Advertisement

Daredevil..

Daredevil

Daredevil pulls clear of Hellboy to leap into the quarter-finals. There are only two spots left up for grabs and the next tie is an epic battle of two X-Men members.

Wolverine

Marvelwolverine.jpg

VS

Gambit

250px-Newgambit.jpg

It's gruff-talking, claw-wielding Wolverine versus smooth-talking, card-throwing Gambit.

Who will prevail from this X-Men civil war? You decide. First to 4 votes makes the quarter-finals.

Wolverine.

No! This was what I was worried would happen. The two greatest X-Men by far, but ever since I was a kid, I was drawn to Gambit, so he gets my vote.

Gambit for me.

Wolverine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Wolverine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Wolverine...

• Advertisement

After a hard fought contest it's Wolverine that eventually cuts his way into the quarter-finals. We now have the final tie of the round, and it's quite a clash.

Captain America

220px-Captainamerica1.jpg

VS

The Punisher

220px-PunisherWarZone1.jpg

It's one of the most principled heroes of all, Captain America, versus the antihero who will use whatever means necessary, The Punisher.

Who takes the final spot in the quarter-finals? First to 4 votes goes through.

Advertisement