Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show April 15th 2016

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Every week it just seems to get worse. ... My thinking is RTE can't afford to pay for decent guests because enough of us aren't paying our licence .... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

That was quite the emotional roller coaster ride.

I'm bringing everyone on this thread to the punchestown races next month. We'll do a quick stop off at the garden centre on the way and pick up some bird seed and an electrical strimmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The show was f*ckin manure but this thread was the best.

I watching this twitter status about some porsche's drawing along the Wild Atlantic Way. It is a lovely thing to watch with some great shots of their beautiful views.

https://twitter.com/wildatlanticway/status/720570161573576705

Have a good one & see you tomorrow night. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Are all the guests on the Late Late homegrown now? It's typical of scabby RTE trying to save money

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭alcea

thunderdog wrote: »
    That was quite the emotional roller coaster ride.

I'm bringing everyone on this thread to the punchestown races next month. We'll do a quick stop off at the garden centre on the way and pick up some bird seed and an electrical strimmer

Was there a pre-show act? I hope there was and it was good.

I felt sorry for the young girls in the Junk Couture section, they had to appear after a chat about carbon monoxide poisioning, and then be judged by Louis and Vogue, then we had a chat about cancer (I changed channel for this), followed by a very depressing song, a comedian trying to poke fun at ISIS, then a "poet" tell us about her nephews suicide and finally the vet (the only uplifting part of the 2 and a half hours).

Again I sure hope the pre-show was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I wonder do RTE ever do focus groups or anything similar when judging the late late show and Ryan Tubridy's performance. I dont know anybody over the age of four years old who thinks that CHILDISH NONSENSE with the audience members is entertaining. And remember, Tubridy is only doing five hours a week on the radio since he's moved back to Radio One, so this is a lot of money this man is getting for what I can only describe as absolute rubbish.

The other question RTE need to ask is why exactly did they bring Ray D'Arcy back to their stable, and give him a Saturday night TV show when it's very apparent that they dont have enough guests for one show. For the material that he was given, Brendan did a much better job. There was no requirement to bring in another presenter (and his usual coat tail hangers that he brings with him) to interview guests that are pretty much nobodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ally Dick wrote: »
    A penis is just around the corner ? Disgusting song

On at least three different occasions today I giggle to myself as this post popped back into my head.

It's the post that just keeps giving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

superg wrote: »
    This show with used to be a national treasure, now it's a national embarrassment. A vet, an comedienne who isn't funny and a load of lads playing banjo and singing a **** song. Top drawer.

Gotta love the irony .

"An comedienne" a national embarrassment!

Brilliant post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I like the banjo I have to say...
    I know a London based banjo player called Brian Kelly. He served his apprenticeship with the late Tom McManamon. He often gigs down your way. Next time he's back I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ally Dick wrote: »
    When you're young, you can have outrageous hair and get away with it
    I'm going grey and have outrageous hair. I'm thinking of cutting it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Seems like Tubridy is in trouble this morning over that tabloid "body language" item that they did with that British charlatan (no offense WMM :pac: ) that analysed of all the party leaders and pointed out their traits.

01_I17BURT_1220465k.jpg

Burton rages at ‘vulgar’ analysis on the Late Late

You know Turidy, always controversial ;)

Advertisement