Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension - Price for drawings??

Options
  • 15-04-2016 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm looking to extend my 3 bed semi detached home. I have been doing a bit of research and have a vague idea of what I would like and a few builders who will give me a price based on drawings. A friend of mine recommended an architectural technologist who did some work for her and was really happy with how everything turned out.
    I'm going to call and ask them to come for a look but I wanted to get a vague idea of how much the drawings would be likely to cost? Also, would there be a difference in price for drawings if the extension was to go over 40m2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Not for the drawings on a stand alone basis unless you go madly over the 40, but there will be extra cost if you require planning which may be required even for less than 40 so make sure you know the exact rules that apply to your particular situation.
    The copyright of the drawings remains with whoever draws them up....

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mollee

Thanks Calahonda52, the plan is to extend out the back of the house and I think keep below 40m2, however we do have scope to go bigger and to the side and i am open to suggestions. How much do you think the drawings would cost if it were just the back of the house and below 40m2?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mollee wrote: »
    Thanks Calahonda52, the plan is to extend out the back of the house and I think keep below 40m2, however we do have scope to go bigger and to the side and i am open to suggestions. How much do you think the drawings would cost if it were just the back of the house and below 40m2?

Depends on the level of detail required.
    Do you want the drawings done and then that's it, you entrust the builds to build from the drawings? Do you want supervision of the works?

A single drawing is one thing but if planning is required it could be the difference between €300 and €1500 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭feckthisgenie

Mollee wrote: »

If you build to the side even if it's to the back you need planning permission

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you build to the side even if it's to the back you need planning permission

Depends. Some planners and enforcement officers interpret that once it's behind the rear building line, it's to the rear and exempt.

A section 5 application is the only way to confirm with your local LA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement