Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying slightly longer in Ireland than 90 days?

Options
  • 15-04-2016 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I'm an American citizen visiting my boyfriend's family here in Ireland for a funeral. I just wanted to know what, if anything, would happen if I were to leave the country 1-2 weeks after my 90 days for my holiday visa expires. Would I be barred from the country or would they not even care? Would this create any problems if I were to try to visit Ireland again within this year? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Moving from USA to Living Abroad as similar issues being discussed there

You would not have an official ban, but may need a tourist visa next time you try to visit if it is anything like going the other way around, and it could be difficult to get said visa, especially with an Irish boyfriend. I wouldn't risk it.

Advertisement