Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby forum

Options
  • 15-04-2016 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

I replied to a post on the conn v leinster thread having not seen a warning. I got banned. However the warning was for going off topic but two mods, zzippy and .Ak have a few posts and jokes off topic and thats allowed.

Hardly seems fair when i was discussing leinster on a leinster match thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

Dear neelia11,

You have been banned from Rugby for one week for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

.ak
    ===============================================

Originally Posted by neelia11
    And connacht did what exactly that day? Leinster did what they needed to do to get the win in horrible conditions. Leinster have had a season full of disruptions. Pat Lam is on year three at connacht. Leo is in his first year as a coach so deserves to be given time and especially after he had no pre season with his squad.

Posted by .ak
    First, no need to reply as the poster cannot reply to you here, second, let's try and keep the discussion on the game tonight.

That goes for everyone. Apart from Zzippy who doesn't realise it yet but I've been bookmarking all his bragging posts for the end of the season. Keep them coming Zzippy...

Originally Posted by .ak
    First, no need to reply as the poster cannot reply to you here, second, let's try and keep the discussion on the game tonight.

That goes for everyone. Apart from Zzippy who doesn't realise it yet but I've been bookmarking all his bragging posts for the end of the season. Keep them coming Zzippy...

Originally Posted by neelia11
    Whatever.

Banned

==============================================

Originally Posted by .ak
    You're adding nothing to this conversation. Why are you looking to dismiss EVERYTHING Leinster does currently? No need to answer. Don't post in this thread again.

Originally Posted by Billysays no
    in what way am i not adding/subtracting from the conversation. i provide an opinion. it may not be what you agree with but it is what i see

Originally Posted by Billysays no
    in what way am i not adding/subtracting from the conversation. i provide an opinion. it may not be what you agree with but it is what i see

Originally Posted by .ak
    Don't question mod decisions on thread. You're around here long enough to know that. Don't post in this thread again or you'll be taking a break from the forum.

So .ak bans me for a flippant remark but he can tell another Mod to keep posting for his own end of season comebacks. Another poster can argue with a mod over a warning but I am the one who cops a ban for discussing leinster in a leinster match thread.

I want this overturned ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi - this forum is for discussing your ban. The actions taken against other posters are not relevant to your casehere.

As the first step here (see the flow diagram above), can you confirm if you have contacted the mod by PM to attempt to resolve the matter?

dudara wrote: »
    Hi - this forum is for discussing your ban. The actions taken against other posters are not relevant to your casehere.

As the first step here (see the flow diagram above), can you confirm if you have contacted the mod by PM to attempt to resolve the matter?

yes. He says originally it was for ignoring a warning [which i didnt see as I was typing a response on my phone], then he says it is for arguing with a mod, which i didnt do either.

The other poster argued, I didnt. Yet im banned for arguing. Im highlighting the double standards applied to issue me with a ban for something which never happened

Also the mod went off topic with his discussion with another mod. Yet more double standards.

As I've said, we do not look at the actions of other posters here. Your ban will be reviewed on its own merits.

I've dropped a note to the Sports CMods to ask them to look into this. One of them will be along shortly.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll take a look

OP can you forward me the PM exchange with the mod where you contested the ban

Thanks

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll take a look

OP can you forward me the PM exchange with the mod where you contested the ban

Thanks

done

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, got that exchange now, thanks. Will take a look into this and get back

You posted a one word response to a mod instruction:
    Whatever
    So what was the purpose of that other than argue with the mod and/or show contempt to the mod and their instruction?

to acknowledge his warning. I made no argument. Other people on the thread both discussed non thread related stuff and argued with the same mod, as well as the mods having their own little off topic in joke. To be banned for making a flippant remark is a total joke.

You were essentially arguing with a mod in-thread and were certainly going off topic. A mod warning had already been given to another poster that they faced a ban if they posted again having argued with a mod in-thread. Such a warning is clearly relevant to all posters and arguing with a mods in-thread is not allowed anywhere on the site. Hence looking at your post I think you could have reasonably anticipated further mod action. Looking at the earlier warning a ban was not unreasonable. I note you had already picked up a yellow and a red in little more than a month posting in the forum, and I'm certainly not seeing any reason for overturning a ban in this instance.

• Advertisement

Closing this thread now as the OP has since received a month's site ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement