Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW34 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

This forum has gotten incredibly negative, we all love a moan now and again but the game is unpredictable, that's actually why you love it.
    It has a huge effect on my weekend moods but talk about deleting accounts and zombieing your team are surely out of place on this forum.

I can take a measure of unpredictability. I can take taking a risk that fails. I can't take having my team ripped apart with very little chance of fielding 9 players next week, let alone 11. After lots of planning, to see it fail so spectacularly is next-level demoralising.

Invincible wrote: »
    Well said Swipwr, a bit OTT, dramaqueenesque !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I've captained Aguero practically every week he's been fit and the returns have been largely disappointing. That didn't matter though because I had a plan. I would wait until a double game week and then unleash triple captaincy Aguero. Only last week my entire plan unravelled. I was rash, I wasted my triple captaincy on Lukaku, a fatal mistake only compounded by my decision to captain Martial yesterday at the last minute ahead of Aguero. I now sit here in a flood of tears, thinking about what could have been. Victory was in my grasp but I fluffed my lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

This forum has gotten incredibly negative, we all love a moan now and again but the game is unpredictable, that's actually why you love it.
    It has a huge effect on my weekend moods but talk about deleting accounts and zombieing your team are surely out of place on this forum.

Sanchez is going to get a goal assist and 3 bonus today and all will be well in my world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

km79 wrote: »
    Sanchez is going to get a goal assist and 3 bonus today and all will be well in my world :)

Please let this happen. 40 behind in my league and he captained Aguero. I need a good performance today from Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

spock. wrote: »
    Rumoured Liverpool team according to FFS:

Ward, Randall, Kolo, Lucas, Smith, Ojo, Stewart, Allen, Ibe, Firmino, Sturridge

41(-8) from 4, captain to play and BB active you'd think I would be delighted , I have a horrible feeling about today if that team sheet is true, have Migs and Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Rumoured Liverpool team according to FFS:

Ward, Randall, Kolo, Lucas, Smith, Ojo, Stewart, Allen, Ibe, Firmino, Sturridge
    Who are they?

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Who are they?

Exactly.

☺☺☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's just stupid this year though. It has well crossed the point of unpredictable. There's a reason so many consistently good players are doing so poorly, and no amount of rubbish about those people not adapting quickly enough etc will cover for it.

I'm using my first chip this week but regardless of whether it's a success or not the introduction of the chips has been as ridiculous as it seemed when they announced it last summer. Assists are being given/not given without any semblance of consistency which is having much too much of an impact almost every week. Any bit of valuable time spent planning goes out the window 9 times out of 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'd be very happy with that Liverpool team if true as I only have Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

7 more players today involved in the madness. Although not liking the look of that rumoured Liverpool team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

We all knew the risks of picking Liverpool players. Teams still in a big competition with nothing else to play for are going to rotate big time, it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Has there been anything other than 'rumours' to suggest that Liverpool will play the reserves??

The 2CBs and Coutinho were rested last Sunday so hardly need another one?!

Klopp is on record 2 weeks ago saying that he wanted to see Ward play but it was unlikely he could play him this season.

Let's wait on the team before we have a meltdown - and I will have a meltdown if it's true, from an FPL and real life point of view (I'm a Liverpool fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

Sanchez hattrick today and midweek to save my season...not too much to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Lol at that Liverpool team if it's true, which going by all the leaked Pool teams this season it more than likely is. Sakho, Coutinho & Sturridge the 3 I have. 1 out of 3 ain't bad :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Confirmed #LFC starting XI to face @afcbournemouth: Ward, Randall, Toure, Lucas, Smith, Allen, Stewart, Ibe, Ojo, Firmino, Sturridge.
    Confirmed #LFC substitutes against @afcbournemouth: Mignolet, Milner, Coutinho, Sakho, Lallana, Origi, Flanagan.
    LEICESTER CITY: Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs, Albrighton, Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy ⚒ #WHUFC #LEIWHU
    WEST HAM UNITED: Adrian, Antonio, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Obiang, Kouyate, Noble (c), Moses, Payet, Emenike ⚒ #WHUFC #LEIWHU
    WEST HAM UNITED SUBS: Randolph (GK), Byram, Tomkins, Collins, Lanzini, Valencia, Carroll ⚒ #WHUFC #LEIWHU
    Bournemouth XI: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, Gosling, Surman, Stanislas, Gradel, King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Confirmed Liverpool team:

Ward, Randall, Toure, Lucas, Smith, Allen, Stewart, Ibe, Ojo, Firmino, Sturridge.

Well then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is Milner on the bench even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

You just have to laugh. Mig and Sakho here

• Advertisement

Lanzini and Milner bench for me, FML

WEST HAM UNITED: Adrian, Antonio, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Obiang, Kouyate, Noble (c), Moses, Payet, Emenike

No Carroll

So much for all the talk about Sakho being safe after getting the rest :pac:

Need a Sturridge hattrick to make up for the two missing players

Lanzini and Milner bench for me, FML

Lanzini, Coutinho, and Sakho hanging out on my bench.

Best bench boost ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Confirmed Liverpool team:

Ward, Randall, Toure, Lucas, Smith, Allen, Stewart, Ibe, Ojo, Firmino, Sturridge.

No Moreno, but other players will be pissed off much more :eek:

My bro brought and captained Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

That's just f**king ridiculous.

As a Liverpool fan I'm disgusted at that team

As an FPL player its killed my ML hopes. Went Milner and Mitrovic over Spacecraft and Sturridge!

The WC has killed my season.

Lanzini not playing either...

2c7f71d692bc64e60864.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Benimar wrote: »

As an FPL player its killed my ML hopes. Went Milner and Mitrovic over Spacecraft and Sturridge!

Ditto on the WC shout...

The one gameweek all season I play Sakho, Mignolet, Mitrovic. Second time owning Martial. Bloody joke

3 Liverpool for me - 1 starts, 1 benched, 1 not in squad.
    Come on Firmino!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Due to actually spending time planning, I'm most likely going to lose my main league this gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Klopp must have given Lovern extra time off to celebrate his goal.

At least Firminio and Sturridge are starting for me, could have been a lot worse.

Can't wait to see that Arsenal team later on... :o

Benimar wrote: »

It's a pathetic lineup from Klopp, they're 4 points with a game in hand behind 6th place and he completely changes the team bar 3 regulars in April. Can't believe I thought Milner was safe

I'd nearly bet on Gabriel not starting to complete the destruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Continue, lovren, mig and Lanzini in my team.

The mad thing is, I don't even really care anymore. Those lineups summarise this cluster f*ck of a season perfectly.

Lights On wrote: »
    Can't wait to see that Arsenal team later on... :o

Sanxchez not starting would be the funniest thing ever but Wenger has no reason to rest players.

It's a pathetic lineup from Klopp, they're 4 points with a game in hand behind 6th place and he completely changes the team bar 3 regulars in April. Can't believe I thought Milner was safe

It was a fair assumption on Milner. I broughtin Sakho and Mignolet in 33 wc so had to just risk Sakho and hope he started after seeing them go through in EL. But Mignolet, sure that's just awful awful luck. 1st choice keeper with a double and game in 35. He'll complement Robles perfectly:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The mad thing is, I don't even really care anymore. Those lineups summarise this cluster f*ck of a season perfectly.

I feel your pain. V similar situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sanxchez not starting would be the funniest thing ever but Wenger has no reason to rest players.

That's why it makes sense:D

I have Sanchez captained, but it is a disaster so far...

Antonio is my only super power in these early games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh I'm done with it now just ridiculous. Mig, Clyne and Cout for me wtf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I feel your pain. V similar situation.

If they were complete punts I wouldn't mind. But I specifically picked mig, lovren and Lanzini as I thought they were secure. Continue was a risk, but went with him due to points potential if he did play.

To have lovren and countinho dropped for 2 games is a row is pretty damn unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I've Firmino and Sturridge so happy there. Also have Mignolet. Which I'm baffled about. Why does a keeper need a rest. Hopefully ward runs into the goal post before the 30th minute mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Sakho
    Coutinho
    Mignolet
    Darmian
    Lukaku
    Martial

Some week to use the bench boost

Watch Firmino and Sturridge run riot and mysteriously every man and his dog on here will have had both of them...

• Advertisement

I sold Mahrez for Milner... this will be a fun couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I have Coutinho :( but the person ahead of me in ML has played bench boost and has Mignolet, Sakho & Coutinho. :)
    Could be a chance to gain more ground on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

wonski wrote: »
    Antonio is my only super power in these early games...

Only selected by 4.2%, Payet is 33.4%.

I ended up with both.

Plus side for me: Payet, Mahrez and Simpson start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

Firmino plays - phew! Offsets the disaster of Mignolet on the bench and Moreno not even in the squat

• Advertisement
Advertisement