Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wedding album after 20 months

Options
  • 16-04-2016 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My husband and I are very concerned. We used the services of <SNIP> in Killarney as our wedding photographer and paid in full upfront.
    He has made numerous excuses and no album to date. Are any other couples out there in the same boat as us who have used him as their photographer?? It has been so frustrating. We are married 20 months now, had out first baby girl and still no wedding album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

What excuses have they given? Have you met him/her face to face to discuss the situation? Have they given you anything you paid for?
    I think your right to be concerned. You need to get an answer immediately on what's going on.
    Give them a date to have your photos produced by or else start legal action to recoup your money.
    It's certainly a strange situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RoonCatherine

My husband and I are very concerned. We used the services of <SNIP> in Killarney as our wedding photographer and paid in full upfront.
    He has made numerous excuses and no album to date. Are any other couples out there in the same boat as us who have used him as their photographer?? It has been so frustrating. We are married 20 months now, had out first baby girl and still no wedding album.

It started out with family problems and we were very understanding. He has given us numerous deadlines and has met none. We have access to the gallery and he sent us the USB of photos after 14 months. The contract states that we would have the album within 3 months. We will never pay up front for anything again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Depending on the cost of the shoot - small claims court is the way to go.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If it's less than €2500 you can go down the small claims route. What I'd do is send them a registered letter stating that if you don't have the album by X date, then you will file a claim with the small claims court. If you know a solicitor who'd be happy to write you a letter, that could also light a fire under them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

It started out with family problems and we were very understanding. He has given us numerous deadlines and has met none. We have access to the gallery and he sent us the USB of photos after 14 months. The contract states that we would have the album within 3 months. We will never pay up front for anything again.

I'm glad to hear that you have access to the photos when I read your post I was afraid something had happened to them and you were being fobbed off.
    You should cut ties at this stage as has been suggested small claims court could be useful.
    Look into finding someone who is willing to put together an album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Toots wrote: »
    If it's less than €2500 you can go down the small claims route. What I'd do is send them a registered letter stating that if you don't have the album by X date, then you will file a claim with the small claims court. If you know a solicitor who'd be happy to write you a letter, that could also light a fire under them.
    Solid advice, though limit is 2,000 for small claims

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/courts_system/small_claims_court.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RoonCatherine

Thanks for the advice guys, I think we'll have to get a solicitor involved we spent 2000 so small claims court seems like the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Thanks for the advice guys, I think we'll have to get a solicitor involved we spent 2000 so small claims court seems like the way to go.
    Just to say you absolutely don't need a solicitor to go through small claims, it is designed so you don't need one.

I think Toots meaning was to ask a solicitor to write them a letter saying what you will do if they don't give over, which would light a big fire under them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's no need for a solicitor if you want to go the Small Claims Court. It will cost you money that you don't need to spend. The SCC process is designed for people to navigate without solicitors.

Advertisement